1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hey you Texicans!!!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by artwildcreate, Apr 1, 2008.

1. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

Who is ready for OUR lil state show?!!! I am so pumped.. I finally decided what I am going to mount for it.. Just might be a show stopper, but the competition is always stiff.. I hope to see all of ya'll there. No excuses!

2. gab

gab Active Member

Where's it at?i usually make the trip when its in Kerrville.

3. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

lol Gary! It's a little farther than up the road this year for ya! It's in Dallas.

4. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

I was pumped up to go too.......until my wife reminded me of my cousin's wedding date! Dang it if it's not the same weekend as our show! :mad:

I'd skip it but I'm actually in it!

5. artwildcreate

Bobby, can't ya just hire a stand in.. It is just a wedding. Good place to meet single, desperate chicks though!

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Actually Bobby it's in Fort worth not Dallas which may not seem like a big deal, but is!!! You see Friday night while the Texas Taxidermy Association convention is going on, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series will also be running at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth (not Dallas ;) ) and with the lil'mexican & I both being season ticket holders at Texas Motor Speedway we will be able to enjoy some Friday under the lights night racing :D Aint nothing like watching a Ford , Chevy & Toyota truck coming down the back stretch at over 200 miles per hour 3 wide wondering who's gonna give a little before turn 3 :eek: Or will they ::) :p ;D

[​IMG]

7. They need to change the date. Every year it hits on my anniversary.

8. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

so bring her with ya darrell, problem solved ;) or are you scared to expose her to us ;D

9. I am actually counting down the days, it will be my first convention hope to meet most of yall

10. Hey about how many people usually attend this convention? Can anyone also tell me what else will be there besides competition mounts

11. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I'll be there.
    You can find info here http://www.ttai.org/events.html. I talked to Donna Monday and they are working on getting the pre-registration packets together, they should be out around the middle of the month.
    We also need a few volunteers for various things. ANYONE can help, you do not have to be a board member.

12. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

becky, if we get there early enough i would be more than happy to lend a helping hand to fellow taxidermists, i dont know our flight details or anything of that nature yet, but when i do i will let you know when we expect to be there, and anything i can do to help let me know, Russ

13. artwildcreate

I can bring some of these mexicanos from uvalde to help, but you have to promise to take them back to your town with you when the work is done!

14. suck ass; even if you help you will still be considered a yankee. Dallas is right at the line.

15. artwildcreate

Yes sir, we got it made here in Texas! We got mexicans sneaking in from down south to do our labor for us, and we got little people flying in from elsewhere to do our work for us!! All we need to do now is sit back and watch!!

16. Becky P

Uh, that's ok, I don't want 'em, we have enough. Did you not read about my troubles with the ones down the road? And now you want me to have more?

Thanks Russ.

17. artwildcreate

Becky.. Maybe you can hire the news to run off the old ones you are having troubles with!..LOL

18. Becky P

Nah, they'll probably just move in together and MULTIPLY.

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Becky, I'll be there early to watch Russ work ;) :)

20. artwildcreate

Michael P... I will bring the popcorn!