1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What Was Your First Animal To Mount??

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by BamaHuntin, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Lenny

Lenny New Member

Shoulder mount wt deer.

2. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

ROFLMAO You two crack me up That is just plain funny

3. My first mount ever was a fish

4. Russ asked me the same thing. ;D

5. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

now andy, i have never i mean NEVER been with darrells ole lady ;D you leave me outa this one, LMAO

6. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

My first mount was a pigeon, my first animal was a squirrel. Looked like frankenstein! If I had it to do again, I woulkd choose a squirrel. They are most easy to obtain, and have a pretty tough skin. ;D

7. aussiesam

aussiesam I'm an Australian.

A roadkill brush tail possum.
    I set about it full of gusto. Wrapped body and a carved head. The body looked ok but the head was a disaster. At least when it was finished I had it looking as it did when I found it............ like a roadkill. ;D
    Yes I have done. I just do a few things differently now i know how.

Sorry - even i wasnt going to take pictures of that thing!

8. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

My first mount was a fox squirrel, I used the kit from WASCO and it turned out ok. I mean it looked like a squirrel, and i learned a lot to good luck.

9. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 Member

Heres my first......
    [​IMG]

10. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

pigeon...looked like crap, but I was proud! A little later, I did this raccoon. It was DP'ed and mounted on a Touchstone paper form circa 1970. BTW, I still have the racoon...no cracking....I glued the piss out of it to that paper form...I remember having a lot of fun getting all that dextrine out of the hair!

11. hillbillyhounds5

hillbillyhounds5 New Member

fox squirrel,diddent turn out to good

12. arrowhead

arrowhead New Member

a deer

13. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

A 1000 pound brahma bull, that 6.5 sec latter dismounted me, then kicke ,stomped,tried tokill me, ol you were talking bout taxi mounts, Deer.............. ;D

14. Jennifer ******* . Fastest mount I ever did. I think it took two or three minutes.

15. cwc

cwc New Member

First shoulder was a whitetail, first lifesize was a bobcat.

16. R Qualls

R Qualls New Member

squirrel,from kit. Raccoon would have been better

17. Tom_n_Nash

Tom_n_Nash Nothing like an old John Deere....

A schizophrenic looking parakeet.

18. lbc

lbc Member

Mink, i mounted it in 1978, still have it but it looks rough. Big mink too 23 inch nose to base of tail.

19. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

My first mount was a deer, a little forkhorn buck. I used a kit from Van Dyke's with one of those ugly neck forms because I thought I cut the cape too short. I thought it looked good back then, but two years later I burned it because I couldn't stand how atrocious it looked. :D

20. buckhunting101

buckhunting101 Hides N Stuff Taxidermy

squirrel.Killed it,skinned it,and mounted it same day.One of the famous van dykes kits .(said sarcasticly)