1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What Was Your First Animal To Mount??

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by BamaHuntin, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Mink

Mink New Member

My first was a mink, I mounted it when I was 12. I recently took it all apart and re-mounted it, because it was so darn hideous!

There's before/after pictures of it here: http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,70761.0.html

2. Deerhead. Turned out really well. Been charging for mounts ever since.

3. BirdLover213

BirdLover213 New Member

The first animal I ever mounted was a green junglefowl.
    Ever since then, I'm hooked on domestic chickens, and any other upland game bird.

4. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

[email protected], I have an Ex-husband, maybe we can make a large mount with the two of them together,lol

5. bowhntr

bowhntr New Member

Whitetail! Thought it looked good "then". Now I know that it looks like crap.

6. cypresslake

cypresslake Jude Bordelon Cypresslake Taxidermy

This picture was my first, I firgured something big was gonna be easier than small

7. Moosabec Taxidermy

Moosabec Taxidermy New Member

My first animal was a raccoon, but it didn't quite look like a raccoon, yes and nooo, I guess. It looked more like a blow fish with skinny legs with eyes bugged out. My instructor laughed so hard he almost fell on the floor. I kept slipping paper mache into him because I wanted him to look full, lol. He looked full alright. So full in fact, he looked like he was going to blow up. Later I used him for target practice and really made him blow up. I'm sorry now that I shot at him to sight in my rifle. I should of kept him and either redone him or used him to show students what not to do...

8. fawnter

fawnter Awesome Opossum!!

my first mount was a standing mallard duck, it turned out so good for my first one that at 15 i decided that this is what i want to do, well that and being a hunting guide. ive done alot of other birds after that but i also have two opossums in my freezer i want to tackle... lets hope im not only ment for birds....

9. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

My first thing I ever mounted was a pigeon in 1974.

:)

Kerby...

[​IMG]

10. muscle20

muscle20 New Member

In 1967 a snowy owl and a mink.

11. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Largemouth Bass Reproduction

12. Jaymic

Jaymic New Member

Barn pigeon

13. A white Texas Dahl. Wasn't too bad looks pretty good. Good enough I gained some confidence to keep going and gained a few customers out of it. It sure wasn't perfect and I learned a ton and kept putting the knowledge into the next mounts. I would do it again.

14. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

First animal I mounted was a squirrel, more like frankensquirrel. I remember wrapping my own body. first mount would have been a pigeon, flying.

15. Whitetail1der

Whitetail1der New Member

AK
    I jumped in head first and went large! Alaskan Wolverine.

Attached Files:

16. ancafe89

ancafe89 New Member

Mine was a coyote pedestal. It turned out enough like a coyote but I definately learned a lot from it. I think my next will be a lifesize coon or fox.

17. tem

tem Well-Known Member

mine was a deer mount.

18. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

X2 bug eyed and satelite ears

19. Tree rat easy to get in these parts.

20. JLong

JLong Member

Deer for me