1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bear claw necklace work

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Albie, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Albie

Albie Member

I have a client who is a Bear hunter and guide. He wants to have a Bear claw necklace made. He's describing something that may require a silversmith/jeweler/artisan. He wants the base of each claw inserted into a little silver "cup" and strung into a necklace. Do any of you out there know who might be able to do this work? Especially looking for someone in the northern Wisconsin or Michigan UP. Failing that, anywhere.
    Thanks all,
    Little Al

2. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

contact wolfwoman on here, i know she does some of that type work, and she might be able to steer you in the right direction, or get it done for you, Russ

3. Any Silversmith/ Jewellry designer should be able to do it for you! I've had Black bear, Cougar and Grizzly done before. In my opinion the hammer finish (center) looks more rugged/wild than a smooth polished look!

4. NDNHunter

NDNHunter 2007 World Chamionships, Reno

My sister is a very talanted silversmith,jeweler, artisan. She has done the southwest navajo style jewelry since she was a young girl. I just talked to her and she said no problem. She is located in Pierre, South Dakota, her name is Maryellen. She can be reached at (605)-280-8743