1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need Help! transporting Mounted trophies into MEXICO

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Rooster, Apr 2, 2008.

1. I have a client that lives in Cancun, Mexico. He recently killed a nice boar hog that is am doing a shoulder and euro on. He also goes to South Africa every year and wants me to start doing his safaris. Now with me being in TX, what is required to transport mounted critters into Mexico? I am at a dead end on this one and hopefully some of you guys can help me out with this issue. Thanks in Advance

2. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

rooster, i cant help you on this one, but i can tell you if you were coming back into the US, you could just stroll right on thru, the mexicans are doing it regularly now ;D

3. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

YEP, hurry up and walk them across before they build that fence. ;D LOL

Really call your customs broker, he will help you out.

4. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

Just contact fish and wildlife, and do it by the book.. One sound piece of advice is that you better makes sure you do not have any firearms or any ammo of any kind in your vehicle once you cross the border into Mexico! Not even one piece of spent brass either! The federalies are fierce about that stuff.. You will be face down in the middle of a dirt road hearing the safety being switched off of automatic weapons!

5. Yea there is no way i could take my truck into mexico if i go that route. All the ammo and brass will never be out of it. NEVER

6. That is a fact. I had a buddy spend two weeks in mexican jail over a spent 20 gauge shell. His family had to send them 500 bucks a week for him to be able to eat meat. Even then it was cats or rat.

7. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

rent a uhaul truck, and then on your way back you could offer a few rides for money.. You should easily make enough to pay for gas, and hell, if you find me a pretty senorita, I would be willing to give ya a few pesos myself!

8. You and me both i wouldn't mind having a uhaul load of senoritas. LOL

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Did somebody mention Mexican women :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

you bring back a load of pretty mexican gals and i might just pack up and move to texas ;D

11. gab

gab Active Member

I would find out what the closest designated port of entry for USFW is.It will probably be dallas or Houston.Then I would send it air freight to the closest airport to him.airbill must be marked:THIS SHIPMENT MUST CLEAR USFW AT DFW(or HOU)I would mark crate also.A USFW form 3-177 declaration must accompany shipment.I would also include invoice,hunting license with bill of lading.
    What is really going to be tricky is if any of his African is CITES.His CITES may only be good to US.You may need to appply for an export permit.Also,if he gets into exotics you will need permits for aoudad,blackbuck and oryx

12. well he hasn't even killed the critters yet. But he is a killing fool i have seen lots of pics from him. I just have a hog he killed with a bow last week in Devine,TX to mount so far.