1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fish paint schedules

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by hillbillyhounds5, Apr 2, 2008.

1. hillbillyhounds5

hillbillyhounds5 New Member

What is a good book with paint schedules on skin mounts

2. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

Hillbilly, try posting the question in the fish forum...those guys over there are SUPER nice and very willing to answer any questions you might have.

3. Archie phillips has a great book.

4. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

when i was looking for a specific schedule i posted in the fish section and in 5 days the only reply i got was to buy it from WASCO ;) they have many for like a buck a peice or so, good luck, RUss

5. Go to Lone Star Taxidermys site, and download free schedules.

6. jward

jward First with a bow

What do you need? I have a couple I could send you, if I hav the right one.

7. Ihntdeer

Ihntdeer Member

Multiple webistes have free paint shedules

8. hoho

hoho New Member

Lonestar Taxidermy has them and also Allred taxidermy for free..

9. Just dont send copyrighted materials.

If you are going to be a fishhead, you need all of them to include having to spend a few dollars on the books.

I still look at them even though I never use them, they are a guide and can help you get started.

Russ If I was running a school the BReakthrough and Ron Rynolds books would be given to each student. Other wise its like heres a gun, no bullets and the fight is over there.

Kind of like the arseholes who sent us to Somalia the first time.

10. hillbillyhounds5

thanks for the help.I have the realfish book by ron reynolds just checking about other books

11. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

ron reynolds book us the best

12. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    for skin mounts? don't know off hand you are just going to have to try and read reference and put on colors lightest to darkest on your fish, for example, start with your white or bassbelly white-for belly and lower 1/2 of head, possible yellow ochre for the sides, do your markings on your fish with a darker color like dark brown or scale detail black, then a dark shade on the top of the back with a dark brown or black-its really basic but gives you an idea, then you get into powders and scale tipping, etc. but you will have to probably find someone to teach you how to paint fish if you are going to really get into it. as it is fairly complicated i think.

13. hillbillyhounds5

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I have a butty who is a taxidermist and he has been helping me. Im going to try a couple of rainbows. Thanks again

14. Scrubby

Scrubby New Member

Break thru fish painting book is one to have on hand. Subscribe to Breakthru and Taxidermy today begin collecting schedules from them.

15. ...I like that one too scrubby..but also use good reference along with it...

16. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    i forgot the breakthrough manual on fish taxidermy and fish finishing- tom sexton talks about how to paint fish-layers, colors, etc.