1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

louisiana state show ?s

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by cj, Apr 2, 2008.

1. cj

cj Member

Any one knows what seminars are scheduled and times, what time do competition pieces in on what day,judges? Thanks

2. Look in the association section and go to the LA website and get Brent Craig's contact info and ask him, he can give you whatever you need to know.

3. cj

cj Member

Thanks do you plan on going ?

4. yep, I am going, been there every year for the past few years and learn a lot each year and enjoy myself everytime.

5. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

see you there JW, i will be there as well, Russ

6. Hey Russ, Look forward to meeting you, its great to hear you will be their. The LTA puts on a great show you won't be disappointed, hope you eat crawdads....

7. JennR

JennR New Member

Russ what day are you comming in?

8. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

not sure jenn, havent talked about it with troy yet. I am leaving today at noon for the arkansas show which starts tommorrow. I would presume like the other shows we have attended he will want to show the evening before the actual set up, but like i said i havent talked to him yet to verify that. Russ

9. La Taxidermist

La Taxidermist New Member

Hey guy's, I have not been able to post this past week. The show is planned for the weekend of May 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It will be held at the Best Western in Alexandria, La. Don't have the number handy to the Best Western but you can look their web sight up on the internet. Make sure when you get your room you tell them you are with the LTA. You will get our special room rate.

Also, we have a great line up of seminars and activities. I will get an updated schedule on here in the next few days. Some of the seminars that I remember off hand will be Painting a fish by Darrel Rollins, Mounting a gamehead by Paul Smith. These two guys from the Arkansas Association are also the judges.

We have an alligator seminar by Mr. Dugas as well as completely mounting a whitetail from fleshing to the finish. There are other seminars as well, I just can't remember them all.

FRIDAY night will be the Crawfish boil and Karaoke Dance. Bring your hidden talents, pull up a chair and have some fun. We will have a special guest singer this year from Dixie Classic Panels, Jim Ellis. If you haven't heard Jim sing you are really missing out. HAHA Just kidding Jim.

We have many suppliers coming this year as well. James Taxidermy Supply, Van Dykes' Taxidermy Supply, Dixie Classic Panels, and a host of others. I will get an accurate list on here soon.

Please call Brent Craig at 318-730-8035 and let me know if you will make the crawfish boil. I need to get a close count for the company cooking. Everything else can be paid for at the show.

Also, you may call Harry Vermaelen at 318-201-5632 if you need to know the exact information on the suppliers and schedule.

We look forward to seeing our friends and having the best show ever.

Brent Craig
    Secretary LTA

10. JennR

JennR New Member

Russ if you and Troy come in on Thursday let me know and Chad and I will have ya'll over for supper.

11. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

will do Jenn, i hope we come in a day early, i am at the arkansas show tonight, which is a day early, but this way i am not rushed on anything, troy didnt make this trip though, he had bettcher business in our home area to attend to tommorow, Russ

12. La Taxidermist

Newsletters have been sent out. If you have not received one please call Harry Vermaelen at 318-201-5632 or Brent Craig at 318-730-8035.

Looking forward to a great show. I can't wait to see everyone.

Brent

13. crittergedder77480

crittergedder77480 Hunt with your kids not for them!

Looking foward to the show. I have to say its one of the best shows we attend each year.
    Brent, I told John Paul what you said about him singing Friday night and he said no problem!!!
    I hope you bring your ear plugs...I've heard him sing LOL

14. La Taxidermist

Not surprised to hear of John Paul's talents. If he sings like he mounts a bird it should be a awesome performance. Also, ask John Paul if he saw who's bird is on the cover of the Cajun News. I will be putting your tickets in the mail tomorrow.

Brent

15. crittergedder77480

crittergedder77480 Hunt with your kids not for them!

Thanks Brent, I can't wait to start selling.
    To all you taxidermist out there, if you have
    never attended the Louisiana show and are
    looking for a great, fun and relaxing time be
    sure and pay them a visit. These guys will
    welcome you with open arms. Who knows,
    you might even see an alligator LOL. ::)

16. La Taxidermist

I don't know about an alligator but you will see an alligator seminar by Ken Dugas. Ken is a super nice guy and an exceptional taxidermist.

Can't wait for the show!!

17. La Taxidermist

Hey members,

I am getting alot of response about people coming to the show. Talk it up and let your friends know about the association and the fun that we have.

Let's make this the best show ever.