1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the Week #14 Year2

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Apr 7, 2008.

1. brettdef

brettdef Member

Nice birds everyone Congrats JBird. This is my contribution for the week. Brett D

2. JBird

JBird Member

Brett - very tight looking turkey - love it. Nancy - you certainly know your macaw's - I'm not really sure what it is - clearly its a hybrid of somesort with a blue & gold - my guess is partial military - but its a HUGE bird - much larger than the average blue & gold - and the yellow on the face has thrown me for a loop - your thoughts ?

3. bulldawg

bulldawg Member

Hate to do this with so many nice looking birds, but I got to start somewhere.
    Here is my first BOTW....woodie in case you can't tell.
    First woodie, first standing mount, 7th mount ever.

[​IMG]

4. hobbes

hobbes Member

Great looking birds.
    Jeremy,
    Looks like the turkey photo link helped out.

5. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    jeremy nice job!

6. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Thanks everyone, I always wanted a bluejay, very pretty birds. Looks like all the colors blue are in that bird. It had some serious damage on the primaries and tail as it was a captive bird, but it turned out ok. Nice birds everyone!

7. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

congrats J Bird!

jeremy...i really like that landing turkey.

8. bw

bw New Member

Another old pic.

Great birds everyone!

9. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Thanks guys

Hobbes it did help, thanks again for the tip on where to find it. Not to many landing photos of turkeys out there.

10. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

nice bird peter ;)

11. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Thanks Lee ;D

12. wingman

wingman Active Member

Finally finished the peacock!

13. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Nice peacock Wingman---excellent way to display the majesty of the peacock.

I'm working this week with Mr. Brad Clapper (Birddog 33) of Ohio. Brad told me he's always had problems with anatomy and getting his birds to look soft and "alive". Brad just completed this black duck--I think you'll agree he's well on his way to winning one of the coveted OTA Medallions.

Black Duck by Brad Clapper--Birddog33.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. daniel

daniel New Member

like the geese jeremy just a shot across the bow ;) no really nice looking geese im working on a short eared owl hope it works out i will know tomorrow the best DANIEL ;)

15. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

NICE pea WINGMAN looked like a good speciman :)

16. nate

nate Active Member

Awsome Wingman, I want to try one of those some day if I can ever get away from the ducks.LOL!! Brad that blackduck is smokin' they're one of my favorites.

17. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

great black duck paul c. still trying to start on my first bird.

18. duckkiller

duckkiller New Member

This is my firtst BOTW post and one of my first birds just wanted to try something different. Not the best looking but I am getting better.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Nice idea for a card-holder :)

20. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

Threw this together over the weekend... pretty much the final product of last weeks parrot mounting binge and it is BIG. still would like to add a few blue butterflies to compliment the blue head on the meally parrot (lower brd).

Jnuth, thanks for the idea using bondo in a silicone shell mold.... carved the mayan stone tablet out of modeling clay and cast it very easily using $10 worth of material. painted it with flec stone spray paint from walmart. airbrushed the rest of fine detail.

...never had so much fun mounting a group of birds. I LOVE PARROTS!

LJ