1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fleshing machine

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by 3 and 0 Outdoors, Apr 7, 2008.

1. What is the best fleshing machine? I looked on the old post and saw one called a fur dressing machine that will do anything from chipmunks to big game. I pressure wash for rough fleshing. Then I shave with a mini flesher, but man it is a slow go. I want something to speed up my shaving time. Any help would be appreciated.

2. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

All are good and some are better. I have a Quebec Lite, w/ a SS blade. It does a very nice job. I also use the mini flesher to do all my splitting as shown in Taxidermy Today magazine. I'm the guy in the pictures showing the process. I'll be glad to answer any questions. Mark S.

3. rebel

rebel New Member

get a pro

4. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I have an Eager Beaver..I Swear by it, Can flesh anything I want , its super quiet, and no rust cept the blade of course :)

5. I have the dakota 5 with the table. My recommendation is if you do go this route, build yourself a table. Had I know it would be as easy as it is I would have not spent the extra money for the table. I like it otherwise.

6. I have a Dakota Pro and love the machine.

7. I tried one of those mni hand held fleshers on a hide once, and I must have done something wrong, because I kept getting cuts in the hide. Was I putting too much pressure on it? Or is it just something you have to really work with to learn the technique?

8. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

I have a Dakota IV. I love working on it after the guards are adjusted. I think the adjustment could have been engineered better but that could just be me.

9. You have to keep the hide tight on the fleshing beam and it does take a bit of practice. Also youhave to adjust the blade guard very carefully.

10. jake

jake Member

All will work, most of which I have used, the hand held air mini (requires lots of air) but works. The foredom electric hand held (lacks the get up and go) but works, I used a Dakota 4, lacks the horse but works better than the other two, I Had a Dakota 5, and it also worked, these Dakota products work and are priced as such affordable. They are hard to clean and require practice to set up the guides. I have now a Pro. You would have to fight me for it. Easy to clean and easy to adjust. I looked at them all. But for service and product. I love my Pro.....but I had to pay for those extras as it is much more expensive, but worth it.
    Jake

11. hillbillyhounds5

hillbillyhounds5 New Member

I have a dakota v mounted on a old kitchen countertop.works good for me

12. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I have a Dakota 5 with the table to go with it. I love it, but I want to try a Dakota Pro. Maybe someday I'll upgrade.