1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Buffle Head Bill Paint Patterns

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by carollinacreations, Apr 10, 2008.

1. carollinacreations

carollinacreations New Member

Does anyone have a color chart for painting a Buffle Head Drake Bill? I am using Hydro Mist Paints.
    Also how the bill is painted?
    Thanks

2. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Make it look like this...experiment until you get it right.

3. carollinacreations

Thanks Guys

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I have a question for you carolina. Why would ANYONE ever mount waterfowl without having a Breakthrough Waterfowl Finishing book in their shop?

5. carollinacreations

I have got one.
    1. Trying to find out what others maybe using, so that I may try to improve my painting schedule.
    2. The different styles of paints: ex. Polytranspar, Wildlife Colors, and Lifetone, do not cross colors across the board.
    3. Because of the different bird reference pictures of the bufflehead, shows a lot of variations, I was trying to find out what others did with the same problem.

Maybe I don't need to know what others may know or ask for anymore help.
    CarolinaCreations

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Not being a "bird brain", I don't spend excruciating hours trying to find every variation of color on any ducks feet or bill. I know EVERY ONE of them is unique in one way or another. Obviously the Breakthrough Manual is focused on the use of Polytranspar colors, but the WASCO catalog shows pictures of each color making a comparison rather easy (I would think for someone who can see the variations in colors on a bird could match those colors quite well.)