1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

flock o birds

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by turkeyjim, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Setting here killing time and the wife said there's a big ol flock of turkeys out in the corn in the back 40. Holy smokes 4 of the 20 od birds have ropes. Man, my hunt don't start till May 5th. Whats a guy to do till then, you can only video so much!! What makes things worse I have two mallards in the muck hole 60 yards from the back shed. One is a beautiful greenhead. Go figure.
    Jim

2. At least it won't be long before you can make an attempt at one of those ropes. I have been seeing lots of ducks and geese around my area. Go figure, when you want to see that many you don't, and when it doesn't matter if you see any there are flocks everywhere.

3. im hear ya there turkeyjim, I start scouting around february and get so excited for the season, around this time i start to get somewhat depressed because i cant wait to get out after those old toms!

4. sidekick

sidekick New Member

Season starts for me on tuesday!!!!!! Got a few of them long beards all scoped out. :eek: Going to go set up my blind in the morning. CAN'T WAIT

5. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I am with you Jim, I can't believe you didn't take and post pics.

6. wolverines13

wolverines13 New Member

Well turkey jim, my season starts the 21st in Michigan, if they are bothering you that bad I would volunteer to go "get rid" of those pesky critters so they don't keep bugging you! ;) ;)