1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How to make a dream catcher-Poll too!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Lisa M, Apr 12, 2008.

1. will keep this tutorial in mind and maybe make a catcher some day :)

33 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. will keep this tutorial in mind and have every intention of making a catcher some day, but won't eve

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. will look at this thread and be inspired to make a catcher :) :)

22 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. already have made catchers but (maybe) learned a new way because of this thread :) :)

22 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. will never make a catcher >:(

24 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. think Lisa is a super sweet wonderful gal who is really really good at editing option #6 ;D

46 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

tgol, it sounds like you've made more stuff that I have! Great job! If you have any questions, I'm just a pm away! ;)

2. thatguyonline

thatguyonline winnie the pooh

WI

3. Lisa M

Yep tgol...that'd work fine. It's a little thick, but since it's 3 strand, you can seperate them, or just use bigger beads. It will work though. ;) Almost anything will. Catchers are really flexible in the different kinds of materials you can use. If you're ever in a pinch...stuck somewhere wanting to do something...(I made one in a hospital when I was spending time with a friend)...you can use dental floss. Not the mint kind of course. Just the el-cheapo generic kind.

Good luck & have fun. :)

4. thatguyonline

thatguyonline winnie the pooh

WI
    Thanks for the info. :)

5. GrowninIdaho

GrowninIdaho New Member

Idaho
    All I can say is WOW!!, I am really happy I happened to see this Tutorial-thread and have enjoyed it tremendously!! Thank You Lisa!! You have shown so many different ideas, and tricks; I can't wait to try them!! Baking Soda + Super Glue?? Who would have known?!
    Thanks again;
    Matt

6. Lisa M

You're welcome Matt. Thank YOU for letting me know what you think! Tutorials are fun to do...taking the pictures...writing stuff out...seeing all the responses from folks. I really love seeing the catchers people've made too. :) If you have any questions, feel free to holler!

7. Lisa M

I made a couple new catchers recently...trading for some skulls. :) These were a TON of fun. They started out as just the tan one...then his lady saw it and said she wanted one as well...but hers needed to be pink! :)

I couldn't find my camera for love or money for hers (had to use my cell phone instead)...but hopefully they'll be able to take better pics & post them once the catchers arrive! ;)

If anyone has made any new catchers, PLEASE feel free to share them! I love these things...love them love them love them! Thank you!

8. platzy

platzy New Member

MO
    beautiful work

9. Lisa M

Thank you Platzy...they really aren't terribly difficult. Are you interested in giving them a whirl? :)

10. platzy

platzy New Member

MO
    yes, you could say I'm fairly interested in learning

11. platzy

platzy New Member

MO
    wow i feel stupid.. I just now realized this was a tutorial. Haha Great Job!

12. Lisa M

Nah...don't feel stupid...we all have inner dingbats that find their way to the surface platzy. ;) When you make one, please post a picture! I'd love to see it! And thanks for saying I did a good job. I had fun. :)

13. Lisa M

I have been in a dream catcher making frenzy the past few months. :) I forgot to take pictures of some of them...got cell phone pictures of others. ::) I put them all in one picture. 4 of them are a series...very similar...they're outlined in pink. The one outlined in red...it's one catcher...just close ups of some areas...the blue one...those are gifts for some friends of mine who just got married. ;D And the ones outlined in yellow, they are the same size...a his & hers set. :)

But here they are...if any of y'all have experimented or made catchers, please post them! I'd LOVE to see! :)

ARGHHHHHHHHHH The compilation picture is too big! I'm going to cut it into 3 parts.

OH the first one here...it will be for sale here some day...when the need arises for a charity auction thing...I finally got it done. :)

14. Lisa M

Cut #2

15. Lisa M

And #3 :)

16. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

They're all beautiful but I REALLY like number 8.

17. Lisa M

That's one of my favorites ever too Becky. Those are Lady Amhearst head feathers. :) I bet if you visit La Grange you can see it in person here in a little while. ;) The double ones...I've never seen anyone else make them exactly like that. I usually only make them for folks who are getting or are married. The two circles coming together thing.

Anyone who is just seeing this thread...please, give it a shot! I would <u>love</u> to see your creations! There really isn't a "wrong" way to do one. ;)

18. Helltigress

Helltigress New Member

I saw this tutorial I don't know how many months ago and told myself I'd try to make a dream catcher someday. I finally made one as a gift for my boyfriend. It took a lot longer than I thought it would (something like 10 hours)! I didn't use this tutorial, I just sort of went with it on a small one first. I however did want to say that I was definitely inspired to start in the first place by Lisa's many beautiful dream catchers! I think I'll probably make a few more too! Anyways here is mine, a chakra inspired dream catcher.

[​IMG]

19. Lisa M

You did a beautiful job Tigeress. You used this tutorial exactly as I intended...for inspiration. ;) Thank you so much for sharing your finished one with us. :)

20. WolfMan96

WolfMan96 New Member

Sweet tutorial, i'm so going to make one ;)