1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How to make a dream catcher-Poll too!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Lisa M, Apr 12, 2008.

1. will keep this tutorial in mind and maybe make a catcher some day :)

33 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. will keep this tutorial in mind and have every intention of making a catcher some day, but won't eve

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. will look at this thread and be inspired to make a catcher :) :)

22 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. already have made catchers but (maybe) learned a new way because of this thread :) :)

22 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. will never make a catcher >:(

24 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. think Lisa is a super sweet wonderful gal who is really really good at editing option #6 ;D

46 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

YAYYYYYYYYY that y'all cooperated!!! I LOVE THAT!!! :)

I'm to the point that I just keep pretty much every bit of something I cut off of anything wild in hopes that some day I'll put it on a catcher. I keep an eye out for the little hard sided travel suitcases that women used to put their "necessaries" in? Make up etc from back in the 60's-70's? They're a little bigger than lunch box size & you can pick them up for $3-5-7 at yard sales. :) I put the beads in baby food jars. You can also get beads from yardsales...in the form of necklaces. Just unstring & tada! Totally unique bead collections. The bits & pieces are expensive if you buy them from the store, but if you collect them over time, it's more budget friendly. (I'm sorry I didn't mention that in the original tutorial.)

I love this!!! As time goes on, people can put different things in the jars! Wonderful!!

EXACTLY!!!! :) Each & every one is absolutely the way it is supposed to be. Thank you so much Trixi! :) You're awesome. :)

2. Raynewolfe

Raynewolfe TY for understanding things outside our control.

Nice tutorial. I have not made any for a long time but just as a simple note for people to think outside the box I have a picture to share of one of my favorites I did a few years ago for a friend. Enjoy everyone.!

Attached Files:

3. April Payne

April Payne New Member

Coincidentally I have been really wanting to make a dream catcher lately. Good thing I can't sleep tonight and are browsing tutorials. I absolutely love these dream catchers you made. They are really beautiful. And I like how you put three different sized together like that. I am too tired to read through this whole tutorial, but I just might go out tomorrow and buy all the supplies needed and start making one soon. :)

4. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I like the odd shapes too Kay. ;) That's part of why I put them on antlers & all sorts of other things. :)

YAY April! I make stuff late at night when I can't sleep too. That's how I ended up with a few hundred catchers. I've most of them away. I made a new one recently as a present for a friend. :) Other than that, I'm just too dang busy to play with extra stuff lately. :(

Anyway...please post pictures when you make one okay April??? :) ;) Thank you. :)