1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Life Size Mammal of the Month #1 (4/14/08-5/08)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Nice looking deer Josh. If you ever do another one I have that exact form collecting dust in the shop. I will probably never use it. I would let it go pretty cheap if you wanted it. Brian

2. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Josh, Great looking mount! and I love that pose. good job
    Nina

3. Customer likes to do the habitat himself, So in the pic it looks funny with bald dirt.
    [​IMG]

4. update - still not finished but, it is now stiched up, on the base and started the base work.

* disclaimer - I hate the pose and the form is junk but, the customer wanted it and nothing else. I do not like customers looking through catalogs because they almost always pick the biggest piece of shit ever made.

5. your right on that pose.....

6. ed150

ed150 deer city time

nice jp,love that ram keith

7. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

That is why I do my damnest to not let them ever see a catalog!!.. Oh well, I am sure his check is good!

8. The problem is he found the catalog online :mad: , then told me what he wanted.

9. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

Gotcha, Ya just gotta love the clients that tell ya how to do your job.. LOL Well, no matter the pose or mannikin, it looks as if you put it together well...

10. That there looks like the infamous Ninja Pose.

11. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

or like he's asking you to dance...lol.

12. what a way to treat a King of Beasts what a dumb looking pose better tare that page out of the catalogue
    maybe you should ask the client if he wants it on hard wood floor and a tux next dancer please
    nice work crappy pose

13. skinitall

skinitall Member

GA.
    I think you got a blem deal on the lion form. Looks more like a kangaroo with a lions head. Head looks great , BTW.

14. Hey J.P. is that a Van Dyke form? It reminds me of that crap they bought from Bob Snow manikins, I like to call them bobs blobs. I hate seeing one of those come through the shop, hours of shaping and alterations just to get it to look like something

15. Yes, it is the Ninja Dancing on roller skates form from Van Dyke's but, not sure if it is part of the bob snow crap.

16. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Sorry you had to work with that form J.P. Sure hard to do justice to a magnificent Lion when you have to mount it on a lousy mannequin.
    Here is the last Bobcat I got mounted. 40lbs. worth. He has terrible fur. I shampooed him twice and it still is not very nice. I am willing to listen to anyone who cares to offer remarks that would help me improve. One thing for sure, no more claws unless they need to show! Seems they have a way of not only creeping out when you aren't looking but they tear the everloving out of fingers and hands!!!! :eek: ;D

I sure like that Ram, looks like he has a bit of an attitude.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ed150

ed150 deer city time

great mount jim

18. Great mount, what eyes did you use?

19. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

I used Tohickan eyes. Not sure that I will do another one that has the round pupils. I like the looks of the slit pupil a little more.

20. bluefish

bluefish Guest

jim, cat looks great. i dont see anything that needs improving. i love the round eyes. it gives it character. evryone does the slit eye. your cat looks great. id be happy to call that mine.