1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Smiting

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by KevinH, Sep 7, 2006.

1. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

What did I do to get smited? I was just wondering who did this and why. I didnt think I did anything worng I was just trying to help people.

2. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I wouldn't worry about it, someone smited me too, I didn't do anything wrong either. lol

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

There is an applaud for you! I dont think you did anything wrong either.

4. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Evelyn (Super Pig) and I was discussing this yesterday. I believe we have some who cruise thru post doing smite drive byes, or dropping smite bombs! I don't think Ken intended for it to work the way it is?

5. A nd for us goofy new people on here go and click on everything that looks like a link, I smited Lee and didn't even know I was doing it. thought it was like ebay were you could read complaints or atta boys! SORRY yall if I messed up Excuse for me I'm from Mississippi LOL

6. 22Fathoms

22Fathoms Member

Utah
    I have been trying to stop smiting, but I can't. Even though my Mom told me I would go blind if I did not stop smiting, it is hard to stop when everybody else is doing it. Besides, what is so wrong about it if nobody is getting hurt? If God did not want us to smite, he would not have given us index fingers. At least I stopped smiting myself, so that is a start. I just want to be normal. Help me

7. Ha ha Mike we forgive you ;D

Yes, I have been smited quite a bit here too and I can't understand why. I have been nothing but nice, courteous, and helpful in my posts, and posted a couple of TERF posts. Still I get smited. Just got two more smites this morning alone. ???

I think I figured it out though. It is either my name (someone one here does not like pigs even when they're super ;D) or it is my picture. Maybe a girl with a big gun scares some of you guys? ;)

Maybe I am taking the smites too serious, but I believe they are here for a reason. Most likely the intend was to separate the jerk posts from the good ones. I have not posted any jerk posts. Even Ken accumulated three smites so far. Ken of all people. He created this FREE forum for US. Why on earth would anyone smite him for that ???

Like EJ said, I think someone here is very happy with the trigger finger on the smite button just because he or she can. I have become more cautious on posting my thoughts and advice on this forum and started to send private messages instead.

Most likely I will get smited a lot for getting this off my chest, but so be it. No matter how nice one is, someone will always be there to kick them just to be spiteful :-\

I feel better now :)

8. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Evelyn,
    I checked out your website and it took me back to my original theory in why you're getting hit! It's Jealousy!

9. .wilson

.wilson Guest

Smiting: I BELIEVE

I BELIEVE .your first one should be given by a loved one ; so Evelyn Mills , i'm sorry , someone else loved you more.

10. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

As I mentioned elsewhere, the Karma system is currently in an experimental stage. After a few weeks of use, we will re-evaluate and see how it works out. We can then decide if it is creating more problems and bad feelings, or if it is a useful or entertaining feature of the Forum. At that point, I will either keep the Karma system in place, modify it, or delete it.

11. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I figure they are only nerf smites ... you know, just in play.
    We DO act like a bunch of squabbling kids most of the time, after all! ;D

*throws a water balloon and runs away*

12. Western Rivers

Western Rivers Wolves are Idaho's #1 Poacher!

Dont't worry about it mike, it would be nice if we could only use the smite button once a month instead of once an hour. It is entertaining!

13. Ya I see someone got you 5 more times since Ive been back on lol

14. Western Rivers

Western Rivers Wolves are Idaho's #1 Poacher!

Oh yea im shure! Probally 2 or 3 people doing it over and over, kinda like they're doing to Cecil and George!

15. Well I can see why George gets it lololol just kidden George and keep your mouse away from my smite link rofl

16. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Yup, I got it too and I've been nuttin but nice ;)

SOMEONE will get upset over it in time.... just give it time!!! LOL
    Tis human nature! ;D
    Wolfie

17. well you can say this too., if they are smiting me someone else is safe for the time being lol

18. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Piggy, I told you it was jealousy. I see I'm not the only one that thought that. LOL
    Drive-by smiters, that's a good one. Oh, heck, I'll probably get smited now. LOL

19. Gunny

Gunny Old Timer

Should have used spell check, here's another.

20. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Guess someone didn't want me to feel left out since I have now been smited :'(. Well, at least I know someone is thinking of me. ;D