1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Smiting

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by KevinH, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Ken I figured it out why some of us, including this nice Pig, have accumulated so many smites. People think it says SMILE. They apparently love us so much they keep giving us smiles, or so they think. I've been smiled at now 22 times. You know what, that makes me feel better. It really does.

As Mr. Rourke on Fantasy Island used to say: "Smiles eveybody, smiles" ;D

2. wilson

wilson New Member

Ken, do you know they are drive-bys ,Knowing some of us-we boys, don't you think some of us have pissed off atlest 100 of our forum members.

*pissed off MIT be a stretch but disagree with , wouldn't be*

Ken , My real question is ; can you see WHO is pushing the buttons ?

3. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Piggy if that's the case, then someone(s) lovees us both!!! ROFLMSAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfie

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Brewster, look, lets get the record straight here. Jabba the Hut had a few pounds on me first off. And secondly, not now, not ever, NEVER, did I EVER say anything about laughing at beginners. ANYONE who knows me knows that to be a baldfaced untruth and not in my character. The Ugly Baby posting was aimed at the PROFESSIONALS who seem to think it's their duty to show us representative species of every piece of work they've done. IN MY OPINION, that's what personal websites are for. In the military, we called it an "I love me wall". "I love me walls" are neither necessary or needed here. Just who the hell is a professional going to impress with average or mediocre work on THIS site. We have guys like Rick Carter, Bill Yox, Ken Walker,Frank Kotula, Gary Bruch, Ken Bauman, Cecil and a dozen others on here routinely who do museum and world class work. What if they started posting all their work. You will NEVER find me ridiculing or "snickering" at ANY beginner. So please, if you misread that in that original post, go back and read it again. Just don't accuse me of laughing at beginners.

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Evelyn, I just used my 22 hours worth of karma to post another applaud to you. Being your buddy, I figured you deserve it...wink!

6. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

o00o
    .(_)
    o00o
    .(_)
    o00o
    .(_)

Wolf is Wabbit huntin'...

Like I said, the smite button is humerous. All it shows me is that a couple of jerks have nothing better to do than hit on me. :p Hit away, you ain't bothering me in the slightest.

If they actually knew the people they are smiting the karma results wouldn't be so wacked around here. I know some people have pet peeves with other people, but some of the smiting is just spiteful... or is it smiteful? Ah well, I don't take much stock in it anyway. I don't even bother hitting the little smite or applause buttons. I smite no one and the people who know me, know I applause them... for there efforts, expertise and help.

Howl at yas later! Wolf

PS where did the Wabbit go... I lost the scent?

7. Brewster

Brewster New Member

George-

You NEVER made a single distinction as to WHO you were laughing at.

Except for “MANY OF YOU NERDS” have been orgasming over the ability of this new forum to post your pictures, and then, “SOME OF YOU” are posting pictures of your work on here...yada yada...

Here is it bud, NO ONE read "professional taxidermists in your post"! But you did say, “I was a beginner who did crappy work. I STILL DO CRAPPY WORK, but I have enough objectivity in its quality not to impose it on others.”

Ken Walker responded to you and said “For a beginner,that fox was`nt bad.He knew it could be done better and that`s why he asked for a critique.I just hope folks don`t stop posting photos because of a few comments.”

This is your ugly baby, get over it pal.

Brewster

8. George

Actually Brewster, it's YOUR ugly baby. I never addressed any "fox" in that post to begin with and I assure you it was NOT that fox I was speaking about. My post wasn't in the "Beginners" section, it was in the TAXIDERMY INDUSTRY. I treat the "Beginners" section as rather hallowed ground. So you can have your opinion and you can walk around the rest of your life with it if it'll make you feel better, but anyone who's been on these forums for the last 6 or 7 years knows that's not what I'm all about. Sorry you missed that boat. Even sorrier you never saw it when it passed.

9. (")_(")

o00o
    .(_)
    o00o
    .(_)
    o00o
    .(_)

(")_(")

(")_(")

o00o
    ...(_)
    . ..o00o
    ....(_)
    .o00o
    ..(_)
    (")_(")

(")_(")

..............(\__/)
    .............(='.'=)
    .............(")_(") ....dumb 3 legged wolf I back twacked........haha

10. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

Who you callin dumb? LOL, alright Wabbit, you win... for now. Like a vulture, I'll wait patiently and when you slip, you'll be mine... har har har.

.-'`\-,/^\ .-.
    / | \ ( ee\ __
    | | |__/,--. "` `,
    | / .__/ `"""",/
    | / / |
    .'.-' /__/
    `"`| |';-;_`
    |/ /-))))))

Wolf

11. 12Point

12Point New Member

I am just a beginner and dont say much on here but I do read every day and in every section, and I do keep an eye on regulars and smites and applaud. And what I can see happening and I could be wrong is that if on a post you may be as polite and courtious as can be but someone else may not like your answer and cotribute his or her own and smite yours.Its to bad smites and applaud cannot be tracked by individuals to know who is appreciative of your answer.Down the road I can see smites overpowering any applaud due to different strokes for different folks. And beleive it or not I have been on here for a year now and there are some who just dont like some others. MYSELF I enjoy reading everyones methods and just wish that I could remember half of what I read...Thanks again its been great reading''

12. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

Okay, okay... I know I said I didn't play with the applause/smite buttons... but I couldn't help myself... I'm reading along and could see George with 99 applauses... I just had to make it 100! LOL. George if you get a prize, I want 10 % of it ;D

13. George

I was looking at that just then. I have less than 100 posts but I'm sitting there with 100 applauses and 120 smites. Thats 240 times. Like cockroaches hitting their little cursors. LOL.

14. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

Post one more and you'll have 100 posts George!
    We must remember there are over 1000 members now on this site. Think about it, if half of them smite you each day, you would have over 500 additional smites each 24 hours. I think there must only be a small handful of drive-by smiters running around.

15. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

We had smiters on the old forum only in a different fashion, but we usually had some idea who they were, makes me wonder if we have an unwelcome "guest" on our hands.
    All the smite button seems to be doing is allowing anonymous bashing. I agree with Evelyn on the applause only button. I KNOW I haven't said anything on here to have warranted a smite (until now since I ticked off the smiter), I haven't even been near a computer since Friday and my negative count has gone up. I don't even know most of the people on here, so they don't know me either to even know if I need smites. If it gives you that much pleasure to go around smiting innocent people, well, then I guess, have fun.

16. sal

sal Guest

GUESTS cannot Smite or Applaud. So there are fellow members actually smiting other members---imagine,members who perhaps feel they have nary an offensive bone in their body.

Shocking, isn't it?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I apologize to all guests then for my comment about smiting guests. Truce?
    I have no doubt about our own turning on each other, so no surprises there. It is still anonymous bashing anyway you you look at it because the smiter can not be held accountable.

18. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Explain how Yox has only one smite and George has 126. George you are truly loved. And Bill, that one on the right is beginning to lose his velvet. Who is this sexy babe Kim Owens? Does Danny know she is posting her picture all over the .net?

19. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

;)Ken- Thanks- I owe you one! It's been along time since I was called a 'sexy babe'! You know Danny could care less if I posted my pic on the net! In fact, I bet he doesn't know that I posted it! LOL. Hope all is well with you and the family.

20. oldshaver

oldshaver Guest

I look at it this way. To everyone that knew him(or thought they did) Ted Bundy had GOOD karma too. Until he stuck a knife in your back. My point, you dont really know anyone on here, you just think you do!