1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Smiting

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by KevinH, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

She Wolf, you don't just bury the Karma Goose. It should be mounted and placed in a Pennsylvania museum for future generations to see. I'm also going to donate the center fold photo that originally appeared in Better Geese and Karma to the new bird reference section.

2. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

<growls at young Wolf> Sure, Wabbit it is....

Now where did we last smell his wascally hide?

3. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

Oh, how dare me! Thanks for the correction Glen, that goose should be mounted. So.... can I chew on the neck after you skin it?

While I'm thinking about it, and since you brought it up, how about I introduce you to me friends... Glen, meet my flock!

[​IMG]

That is 5 turkeys and 3 blacks in the frame with 4 more blacks outside of the frame. Vulture species to be exact. Here's a close up... your going to love my method of photography. I have an old digi cam, the kind you can put a 3.5 floppy into. I used my telescope with a terrestrial lense to get the zoom I wanted. Its not clear and focused, but you get the picture, lol.

[​IMG]

The close-up is the dominate female of the turkeys around here. She's on the far right in the group pic with her mate. And if your wondering how I know the difference... it has to do with the white "pimples" on the face, each turkey vulture has a different pattern of white growths, like a finger print (this method doesn't work with black vultures). And how do I know she's dominate? When she lands at the feed site, everybody else backs off quick. If not, she'll attack and chase the others off. Even her mate waits until she is done eating before he feeds (smart guy!). Can't you tell I like to watch vultures alot?

Wolfwoman, I lost the scent in the Taxidermy Industry section... the Wabbit was drinking a Bud and toasting Sallie Dahmes. Don't know where he's at now. ???

4. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Will have to go a-hunting!

LOVE the pics!!!

Wolfie

5. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

Young She Wolf, you said,"Here's a close up... your going to love my method of photography. I have an old digi cam, the kind you can put a 3.5 floppy into. I used my telescope with a terrestrial lense to get the zoom I wanted. Its not clear and focused, but you get the picture, lol."

I say, "Here's a close up... you're going to love my method of photography. I have an old digi cam, the kind you can put a 3.5 floppy into." Don't you go mean mouthin' my equipment. You would probably also make fun of my 5.99 gig with 128 mb of ram that I use to view my photos and do web site work with (nerds just fell out of their chairs). Equipment is never any better than the operator at best. A poor photo is a poor photo regardless of how much the camera cost.

To make mine a little more versatile, I made an adapter for camera to microscope. If you want to do the same thing you will need an index card, a piece of old pant leg, a piece of duct tape and scissors. Finished and functional end product is in the first photo.

The adapter allows me to take pictures of such things as crystals in my dog's pee and mold spores from off the top of an acid pickle that wasn't kept stirred. I can't get enough of a light source to photograph live bacteria, which is a real bummer. Maybe if I rigged up an automobile quartz halogen.....................

Now I did cheat and buy one of those salty priced telephoto lenses that took me to 20x capabilities. That really gave me versatility. I just posted some photos in the new deer and gamehead subcategory. The ones labeled as buck were all done with the telephoto.

Got any cool pictures of vulture poop you're willing to share?

6. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

This thread will never die even though the deer ate smites and the duck picked smites and then the karma goose up and died. LMAO

Hey Glen, ya sure you're not from Texas? Sounds like ya got a little redneck in ya there with your picture taking gizmos. LOL

7. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

Glen says, "Got any cool pictures of vulture poop you're willing to share?"

Nope, no cool pics of vulture poop. I do have some cool pics of grotesque dead animals that have be scavenged on for habitat ideers.

Love your camera equip... I thought I was the only one that played with dinosaur equipment. Hmm, time to dig out my microscope stuffs and see what I can rig!
    Hey, anytime you want, I'll share my VCR and cassette tape player with you. If your looking for an 8-track, you need to ask somebody else. Those went out of style before I was hatched, otherwise I would have one too. LOL, Howl at you later!

Wolf