1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

mounting pets

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by 3 and 0 Outdoors, Apr 17, 2008.

1. fineart

fineart New Member

Thanks for the compliment Geoge,I think...lol.By the way the hound was a lap dog,it lived in the owners house and slept on thier bed every night.Like Larry said ive never had a complaint...yet...lol

2. Peggy Obear

Peggy Obear New Member

If you are starving and can put a third party between you and the client by all means jump on it. George is rite this is almost always a no win situation,,, this being said we made alot of money back in the day off the Miami Pet Cemetary. We no longer do it ,, not even parrots. You really have to be a hard ass to stay in the pet trade.

3. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Well ,

I just love to mount pets , and it brings in a lot of CASH, so i ll keep on dooing it , whatever people think about it , i just dont care SH

Today i skinned Afew Puppys , and i will mount them and put them togeteher in a nice litle basket.

And Fineart , keep on gooing , and dont give a D about what people think about you ore what you are mounting , it is your life do it

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

4. Peggy Obear

Peggy Obear New Member

Do you do body casts for the pups?? I did some baby pigs and really hated myself for not doing a body cast after, would have been alot easier.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Snowhare, you seem to think that it is US who are giving YOU a hard time. Personally, I don't have any feelings whatsoever about you doing them if that's your gig. Go for it. I'd still feel remiss if I didn't warn some of the new taxidermists, beginners, and novices of the pratfalls they CAN and WILL encounter when they step over to that side of the industry. You can puff up your chest all you want to to us, but when you finally meet that perfect storm where a customer (1) refuses to pay you for the mount and (2) takes you to court for "ruining Fufu", make sure you come back here with just as much bravado. John Janelli and Joe Kulis just lost a case on one of those Judge Dilbert shows on TV when a lady WON the case because she wasn't informed that the taxidermist would SKIN THE ACTUAL ANIMAL. Some of us have already had a bite of that apple. You obviously haven't. Good luck.

6. snowhare

snowhare New Member

George,

Thanks for informing me , but over here that is out of the question , because clients sighn a document that says ::

When mounting a Pet the Taxidermist will try at his best nollige to make the mount as lifelike as he possible can , and is there fore not responsible, if the client thinks otherwise .due to the fack that he ore she is warned by the Taxidermist that it never will be totaly lifelike,[like there Pet]

Sgnature Client
    Signature Taxidermist.

And this document is vallid by the Duch Laws .[if you register the documents at the Chamber of Commerse]

George , thank God it never happen to me yet.that the client says YOU IDIOT YOU RUIND MY FIFI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But for sure there will be a first time for everything

So lets mount some PESTS ups PETS ??? ???