1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Aztek airbrush

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jkbwolf, Apr 20, 2008.

1. jkbwolf

jkbwolf Member

anybody using Aztek airbrushes??? I am thinking of trying one and I am just looking for some input. Are they any good???????

2. My first air brush was a Aztec, double action. I thought it was fine until I tried a Iwata, much nicer to me. The Aztec did get the job done though.

3. I agree with DS 100%. Got an Aztech to keep when I went to taxidermy school. Then it broke and they sent me the parts to fix it because they have a lifetime warranty. Then it broke again. The body don't seem to hold up. It painted nice though. I could cover large areas and I could paint dots. Then I tried an Awata and now I'll never buy anything else.

4. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I love mine... Double action, etc.. Got the delux kit from WASCO, cames with all the little tips and cups and such.. I honestly only use two tips, but do use all the cups LOL.. I like it alot. I run waterbased and laquer paints thru it and both do well. Ive had it for year in a half or two years now.. Cant remember, but Ive never had to replace any parts and Ive bounced it off the floor a few times...

5. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Have a double action and love it!

6. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

i have used paasche, aztech and now iwata, and i can honestly say "they all paint", but they dont paint like an iwata. ;D in fact i now have 2 iwatas, i bought a custom micron to see what the hubub was about , i didnt think iwata could get better, but it is, they are kinda like mathews bows, you wonder how they can get better, but they do ;)

7. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

mathew's are overpriced garbage, just like the Iwata!

Just kidding about the Iwata, I haven't used one and have only heard good about them.

8. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

I have the A470 deluxe kit from WASCO, and have been using it for years now. If i thin down the paint with a little retarder and dial the brush down, i can make pinpoint size dots. Im satisfied with it.

9. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

i ilke mine

10. Bought one and didn't like it at all. Tried my best to get use to it, never did. I use only my Pasche(sp?)

11. jcrosstaxidermy

jcrosstaxidermy New Member

I have 2 aztecs good ovrall brushes. i keep one for backup just in case, BUT..... I broke down and bought an awata and love it -- I just thought i was finelining......

12. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

haven't been using it for years but so far so good for me.

13. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Ditto, except it was my second, first was a POS Paasche.