1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

website

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by lonewolf1330, Apr 21, 2008.

1. lonewolf1330

lonewolf1330 Member

TN
    my wife started me a website check it out and let me know what you think if i sould change anything www.lonewolftaxidermytn.com

2. bzb_1

bzb_1 Member

I think it looks very good. Very professional and easy to navigate. I'm no expert. Wouldnt change a thing.

3. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

kind o f generic but not bad

4. tod

tod Member

fla
    I think it looks fine tell your wife she did a great job. I hope it brings you lots of business. i have been thinking about doing the samething to attract more work. good luck.

5. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

In the opening, I would change "he can" to "possible". It sounds like you are limiting yourself, to me.

6. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I didn't read all of it, but it looks nice. Just one thing. The photographs on the side of a few pages, are they yours?

7. I would edit the opening paragraph like this:

Owned and operated by
    Kyle Patin, he is a devoted
    outdoorsman. Kyle and is very
    passionate about
    producing the a highest
    quality taxidermy mounts
    he can. He is dedicated to
    fulfilling his costumer's customer's
    expectations of preserving
    their trophy and the
    memories from that great
    hunting experience. So
    Please enjoy yourself as
    you explore our website

JMO, you can do whatever you want with it, I just thought that the diction was a little confusing. Otherwise, really nice site!

EDIT: Thanks, I missed that correction.

8. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

You might take Monkey Mans advice except spell "customer" correctly.

Todd B

9. jakemcmillin

jakemcmillin New Member

You'r wife she did a great job.
    I Like it. I like how she did the photos.

.GOOD JOB. :)
    Jake

10. zubba

zubba New Member

I like it. The only thing I would change (other than what was mentioned above) is the screen changes. I don't care for the 'disolved' look when going from screen to screen. Reminds me to much of a cheesy powerpoint. Some may like it, I don't care for it.

11. cypresslake

cypresslake Jude Bordelon Cypresslake Taxidermy

Great website very easy too navigate, maybe your wife can do mine too whenever I am ready

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Nice site, I don't think that your prices do your work justice......you do damn good work, charge for it :)

Ummmmmm Terry.....remember that old saying about people living in glass houses ;D :D LOL

13. MIKEO-PA

MIKEO-PA Mike and Jen Olszanowski, pa

How do put a site on the internet? I am designing one for my husband on Microsoft Publisher (started it for fun and practice) but it is turning out okay. Where do you go to get an address and all that? How much does it cost?

14. Becky P

Check out www.doteasy.com. That's where mine is hosted. $25/yr for your domain name.

15. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

just to register the name you pay that much?

Curious because if you shop around name registration is the one of if not the cheapest part of the process. Ive gotten it for 5$ before. Godaddy.com for example you can get them quite cheap.

16. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

Nice work, looks good.

17. Becky P

Yes, Riverdale, I do, but the hosting is free unless you want more than the free service offers (which I don't need or want) and there are NO ads on it. Godaddy's cheapest hosting is $48/yr.

18. lonewolf1330

lonewolf1330 Member

TN
    thanks everybody for your input still working on it

19. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

hosting ok, I thought you just meant domain registering. Ok. Well heck than thats a good price. I pay about that much for one I am shutting down to restart another for taxidermy.

What program did she use to design the site?

20. Becky P

River, I did mean just the domain registry, but you know how it is, the "free" is figured in there someway ;)
    I've had absolutely no problems with their hosting. I have no plans on leaving even if they start charging extra - unless it's a lot ;)