1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Where can I buy QUALITY foliage without buying stock options.

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by George, Apr 29, 2008.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I have an account at Sullivans, but they simply don't have enough selection . I found what I was looking for in Autograph Foliage, but that group has to be on cheap drugs. First, I have to send them a copy of my business license and my tax ID#. Then on my first order, I MUST order $250 worth of material. On my SECOND order, I will be allowed to order a minimum of $100 and anything less will incur a $25 service fee. I have no problems spending $100 for quality foliage for a single piece, but damned if I"m going to spend $250 on stuff that I may never have a need for.

We don't have Hobby Lobby,but we have Michaels and most of their stuff is simply not premium quality. Several other "craft" stores owned locally have the same problem. Anyone know where I might order $100 worth of greenery without buying stock options?

2. tight ass

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Let us know if you find one.

4. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

??? ??? ???...Personally I don't thank Hobby Lobby has Quality greenery, it looks like it's made in China! Which most of it is.

5. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

If you can't find one. Try asking if anyone wants to go in on an order of it with you, split it up.

6. George we have a place here let me know what you need and for a small niminal fee of $300 minimum order for 25 bucks worth of sticks i will help you out.

7. George

Freaking rocket scientists, that's all I get. Thanks Bill and EJ, I agree. I'll keep trying.

8. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Georgr,
    I've had good luck with Plantscape out of Eden Prairie, MN.
    They have nice stuff and not nearly as expensive as Autograph.

They can be reached at 1-800-241-2718
    or www.plantscapeinc.com

Shawn

9. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

George:

When we were in Louisville, we went to a place called "Garden Ridge" www.gardenridge.com This place had the largest selection of real dried and artificial material I have ever seen. I bought a bunch of stuff there. Some of it is good, other stuff is cheap...you really have to see it first hand. This is a national franchise...with fuel as cheap as it is, and you know your time is worth nothing, maybe you can find a location within 100 of so miles. Take your better half out to dine while you're on this trek...nothing like double tasking!!!

ps..I see there is a store in Chesapeake, VA...maybe you can srop by there when you're headed south sometime

10. Garden Ridge in Little Rock AR, as Joey mentioned they are a chain and 1/4 of their store looks like a jungle.

There is another local place that has thousands of selections but they dont have a website. Just off hwy 65 near Greenbriar AR.

11. Frank Newmeyer sells some nice foilage. I haven't priced it though so you may have to buy some of those stock options.

12. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Check this out, George, I've bought from them before.
    www.botaniclasilk.com

13. Hey George...did a big job in the early 90's that required some top shelf habitat. I found this silk floral company in California that had a huge selection of plants and foliage. It is all top grade stuff. Web site is www.aldiks.com

14. I havent bought from this place but they seem to have a good selection for decent prices.

www.qualitysilks.com

15. George

Thanks OTT, they had just what I was looking for but I still had to buy stock options. $15 to ship and $20 for "low order fee".

16. Glad I could help, let me know how the quality is.

17. I found another place while surfing. I dont know if its better or if they too require stock options.

www.earthflora.com

I am looking for Pine branches and they have a good slection.

18. George, did you recieve your order? How was the quality?

19. George

Yes I did, OTT and you know what pisses me off to the MAX? Remember Autograph Foliage stated that they wouldn't sell to me unless I order $250 worth and gave up my first born? Well, I got the orchids in from quality silks and guess whose damned sticker was on every stem??? AUTOGRAPH FOLIAGE. What a crock.

Fortunately I order 2 different types of orchids: one with leaves and one without. The ones that came WITH the leaves looked like recycled horsecrap, but the LEAVES AND ROOTS were spectacular. So I tore them apart and installed the good orchids on the good leaf bracts. I'll post a picture of them when I get it all done. It's going on the Lady Amherst pheasant that I mounted for our show.

20. So Autograph is like the McKenzie of artificial flowers. LOL. Alerations of forms or flowers its all the same, I guess thats just what we do. Sounds like a nice piece, cant wait to see it. When is your show?