1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

\'s in our signatures...

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Lisa M, May 5, 2008.

1. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I've noticed that several of us have \'s in our signatures. I started noticing them when things were upgraded recently. Ken, is that what caused the \'s? Folks might want to go fix them.

2. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Hi Lisa,

Can you give me an example of a member with /'s in their signature?

3. Lisa M

Let me go look.

4. Lisa M

Here's one. Mine did it too, but I went & fixed it.

5. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Those were in my signature too, but I took them out and didn't have the problem again.

6. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It appears that since updating the Forum software to SMF 1.1.5, the text in member's signatures has changed. If you had a quote mark or apostrophe in your signature, it is now preceded by a back slash. I am trying to find out why this happened right now on another technical forum.

7. Lisa M

You're welcome. I turn the signatures off occasionally...some give me motion sickness...rolling heads & stuff like that. I figured some folks may not know that theirs has the \'s either. I hope it isn't a bug or anything like that Ken. Thank you for learning more about the malfunction. It's no big deal, just figured some would want to fix theirs. ;)