1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

turkey mounts

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by ed150, May 7, 2008.

1. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Here's my latest contribution.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

There are some freakin great turkey mounts on this thread...

3. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

now that's a detailed head.

4. Jesse Carr

Jesse Carr Get a holt with your feet and stick your chest out

hey guys lets get this one rollin again

5. HUNT2DAY

HUNT2DAY New Member

Here's one I mounting a few weeks ago for my wife. It was my first try at mounting a turkey.

[​IMG]

6. bw

bw New Member

This was such an awesome thread, that I thought it might need revived.

Since it is that time of year again, many of us have turkey fever. Since Ed started it, I guess I will leave it up to him whether we should just keep this one going, or start a new thread.

POST SOME MORE TURKEYS!!!

7. ed150

ed150 deer city time

was definatly kool thread,lets keep it going thru late may,here is mine to add :) :) im sure ready to hunt them critters

8. ed150

ed150 deer city time

hey bw,may be we should start a turkey of the week,whats your thoughts guys?turkey taxidermy is getting to be so popular with most shops maybe we should,ed

9. full fan

full fan New Member

Sound good to me Ed... with season in our about to open I'm sure there is going to be a lot of questions asked.

10. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

I bet a monthly thread would be better for pics and a weekly thread for questions.

11. ed150

ed150 deer city time

that would be so sweet,let say we start it up sunday,why don't you start up turkey of the month and bw can do the turkey question thread or something like that,there is so many guys out there doing turkeys it would be a great way for all of us rookies to learn from you experienced turkey guys,lets do it

12. full fan

full fan New Member

I just got finish setting up a turkey body (Harry Whitehead) took some pictures will try & have it ready by first of the week.

13. cwt

cwt Active Member

ed I love your heads what paints do you use whatever it is im ordering some for this year. Im itchin got all my deer done and gone and waitin on the turkeys to start comin in.

14. ed150

ed150 deer city time

i don't paint them,they are done by boondocks taxidermy in KY. Brett has a freeze dry service,i been using him for 2 years now,i very satisfied with his work,I'm not ready to paint my heads yet,its all i can do just to mount a bird let along get into painting them yet,once i figure out how to do them RIGHT i will start painting my own,ed

15. cwt

cwt Active Member

well thanks for nothin.....LOL

16. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Mounted this past weekend

17. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Here is another from last weekend

18. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

ed150 got a close up of the hen head? Brett paint that one as well? I tried Boondocks too. Fast service. I had only one done to try him out. I have some hen heads I will need done and I might send those too his way. Might have him paint em to save me the time and with all the hairy feathers it is a pain to do them.

19. ed150

ed150 deer city time

hear u go,2 different hens,ed

20. ed150

ed150 deer city time

:)