1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NEAT Convetion and Competition June 6th thru 8th

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Andy M, May 8, 2008.

1. Andy M

Andy M Member

Hello there -

Just wanted to post that the NEAT convention and competition is coming up soon, June 6th, 7th and 8th. Contact information is Judy Bragg at (802) 388-4264 or jbragg1@verizon.net. I know I'll be there!

Regards,

Andy

2. CONVENTION SCHEDULE
    New England Association of Taxidermists
    2008 Convention and Competition
    June 6, 7 and 8, 2008
    Courtyard by Marriott Hotel
    Cromwell, Ct
    860-635-1001​
    Thursday, June 5
    TBA Set up competition and supply areas.
    Friday, June 6
    8am-6pm: Registration and competition pieces received (no mounts after 6:00pm). See Pete Lajoie in supplier room
    for On-going “You be the Judge!” Whitetail Seminar. Start judging Pete Lajoie's whitetails (all day).
    9:00am-11:00am Seminar #1: Matt Marulli; Mounting a ½ size black bear.
    10:00am-5:00pm: Supply area open.
    12:00pm-2:00pm Seminar #2: Ed Kunelius; Mounting a pheasant.
    2:00-4:00 Seminar #3: Mark Vitch; Mounting a trout.
    4:00-6:00 Seminar #4: Bruce Rittel; Skinning and tanning an Alligator at his supplier booth, Mounting alligator at the
    seminar.
    6:30pm-7:00pm: Welcome Meeting.
    7:00pm: Judging begins. Competition room will be closed!!
    7:00pm-? Seminar #5: Pete Lajoie; Review taxidermists judging critique done during the day.
    8:00pm-?: Hospitality Room—Networking with fellow taxidermists. Have a snack or a drink, ask questions, have a
    good time! Bring items to swap or sell!
    Saturday, June 7
    8:30am-9:00am: Competition area open for viewing and voting for McKenzie Taxidermists Award (4); People's
    Choice Award; and Old Timers Award.
    8:30am-3:30pm: Supply area open.
    9:00-11:00 Seminar #4: James Willard-Judge; Mounting a Whitetail Deer—form selection, Anatomy, techniques used
    for competition and Finishing tips. Will go over score sheets and what judges look for in competitions.
    11:00am-6:00pm: Viewing ribbons and critiques.
    1:00pm-3:00pm Seminar #5: Jean Roll-Judge; Hide prepping and form fitting for quality mammal taxidermy.
    3:00pm-5:00pm Seminar #6: Mike Briganti-Judge; Mounting sheep.
    3:30pm-5:00pm: Supply area and banquet area break down.
    6:00pm-7:00pm: Cocktail Hour-cash bar.
    7:00pm-?: Banquet and Awards Ceremony. Auction

3. catskillmtn

catskillmtn New Member

See you boys there. Ron Lambertson.

4. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

can't wait, should be a great show this year!!! Now if I can get my piece done in time :eek:

5. wendell

wendell Member

i mounted one today,for the show can't wait.

wendell

6. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

I'm starting my pieces this week. Its kind of cutting it close, but I'm still earlier than last year.

7. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

Hey, guys! This is the bootlegin' fund raiser here!

I've sent Judy an e-mail for a ship-to address so I can make arrangements to have a CARE package shipped for your club's fund raising auction.

My name is Glen Conley, and I approve of this message.

8. after the shot

Glen,
    Thank you for your support.

9. Glen Conley

You're welcome, Scott. It looks like you guys are going to have a good convention.

10. Glen Conley

Andy, we got an Uh-Oh here. I just had the e-mail returned that I had sent to Judy. It showed to be an invalid address or alias.

Someone help me out here.

g.conley@verizon.net

Glen

11. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

Here you go Glen, thanks for the support!!!

<jbragg1@verizon.net>

12. Andy M

Andy M Member

Thanks for posting Judy's e-mail Ryan, I was not on my computer at all this past weekend.

See you at the show!

Andy

13. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Glen,

Thank you for the generosity that you show the NEAT year after year. there are still a few FREE tables left in the supplier area if you are interested in one.

Thanks again,

Fred Barilla

14. after the shot

Glen,
    We would love to have you. If you cant attend this year, maybe next year you could attend and put on a small seminar on Stop Rot.

15. dodgecity

dodgecity dodgecitychs.com

Looking forward to it, this is a great show every year!!! Dodge City Cape Hide and Skull

16. Glen Conley

You guys sure do have a way of making a feller feel humble with the extension of your hospitality. The southern folks have nothing on the eastern taxidermists. Thank you.

Terry Lipscomb and I have been working up a system of our own to get CARE packages to the various associations. Judy contacted me earlier today, and once that was done, I made contact with her in return, Steve Hackett, and Tammy Lipscomb. NEAT is now in "our system", so it only takes contact from one of your board members to either Tammy, or me, and we can get "something" sent your way for your conventions any time.

Scott, you'll need to pinch hit for me on that seminar. You'll have a hard time topping EJ's tutorial on mixing red flock and All Game!

In all seriousness, I have racked my feeble little mind over the years as to how to set up a seminar that could be repeated at different times for different folks that would demonstrate all the various end results of different chemicals on skin, but even with the common chemicals, the number of potential end results is large. Some of the important reactions take place on contact, and some require days to run the course. Even then the variables are myriad. If I were to write it all out, and do microphotography to illustrate, and then put it in book form, I could probably sell it as a sleep aid.

You guys will be getting a sampling of the end results of my last round of madness. Once you get a chance to check it out, let me know what you think.
    Glen

17. Just curious to see if anyone is still working on there Comp mounts. I wasn't able to do what I originally wanted, due to lack of time from my job. :'( But I still was able to mount another up. Just did it up this past weekend. Nothing like waiting till the last minute!!lol.

18. after the shot

Todd,
    Dont feel bad. I just started myself. I was working an a 500lb black bear and several customer deer heads that took up most of my free time over the last few weeks and wasnt able to start my first of 3 comp pieces till yesterday (doe). I still have a pronghorn and a mallard to do. I may punt on the pronghorn because I want to concentrate on the duck since its going to be the first bird I have ever mounted other than turkey.

19. Andy M

Andy M Member

I'm behind as well. I'll be finsihing up my deer head this weekend - knock on wood - at the same time hoping to get my red squirrel mounted too. Won't have time for any fish - sorry Steve! Time is moving too fast! See you there!!

Andy

20. Let's go Boys get to them. I wish I had time to do a mount for the show ;)
    I look forward to seeing everyone there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The show is really shaping up and it looks like it will be one of our best!
    Don't for get about the "ONE OF A KIND BUTCH BRAGG MOUNTING STAND" Raffle.
    By far the best mounting stand on the market ;) We will be selling tickets all the weekend.

If anyone would like info with a schedule,hotel info,and Registration forms. PM me your Address and I will send you a packet

If you haven't already BOOKED Your room they are going fast.

Glen Thanks Much for the care package.