1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

classes

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by ozzy49938, May 10, 2008.

1. Going to finally go to get some classes on doing fish. My question is can you folks maybe give me some ideas on what type of questions to ask. There always seems to be a ton of problems that are encountered after the class is completed and there is no one there to help. Would like to try and cover as much as possible. I will be mounting two fish. One Largemouth and one salmon. One 360 and one wall mount and one with a open mouth and one closed. Thanks for any help. I'am sure there areall kinds of common problems that I won't think of asking.
    Ozzy

2. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

If you've never done fish before, do some before you take the class! I've always said that you need some experience going into a class situation to be able to ASK the right questions. Going in "raw", you will just be overwhelmed by the BASICS and won't get what you should out of the class.

3. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Maybe a good question to ask would be: "Can I give you a call when I need help?" Old Fart has some good advice as well. Possibly if you could watch a DVD or video, that might give you an idea of types of questions to ask. Look at mounted fish and see what kinds of questions come to mind..........write them down. Study the forum here.....write down questions that seem to be common and try to get answers while you're in school. Just some thoughts from someone who only had the opportunity of going to the Northwestern School of Taxidermy in the 60's.....

4. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

Take a notebook with you too

5. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

and even a camera if the teacher doesnt mind. Use them both extensively write down even things that seem so simple you would never forget, because you will. If you have a good teacher you will be overwhelmed with info. Like TrailsEnd say's ask the teacher if you can call him for info after the class is finished. I believe any good teacher would say yes. If not maybe check into a different teacher.