1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

john rinehart forms

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by zeb, May 11, 2008.

1. zeb

zeb New Member

I was thinking about ordering a John Rinehart form but some of the measurements on his stuff don't seem to add up. anyone else noticed this?

2. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

What do you mean they don't add up? I mounted a bass a couple weeks ago using one of his(first one i bought from them) And it fit pretty good, not saying that all of them will, but I will try them again, for bass anyway

3. You may be having trouble because the JR fish forms are measured from front of mouth to end of tail, instead of eye or gill cover to tail juncture, like most. I have never had trouble with them, and I have used 100's of them.

4. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

I like them because it's just a simple measurement, total length.

5. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

IMHO some JR forms tend to have very large girths(except for their econoline forms.) Their perch forms are ridiculously obese. If anyone has a perch that will fit on a JR form I'd sure like to see it...eh? I do hundreds of the biggest perch (spawners) in the USA and they won't fit JR perch forms. Collar to tail and girth are the standard measurements I want to see. The total length that JR forms give are of little use to me and so is the eye to tail that VD forms give.

6. Scrubby

Scrubby New Member

Different suppliers have different measurement s needed make sure you look at them another, thing vandykes forms at least the last two salmon forms did not have wood blocks in them. It is nice to know. I like the rhinehart walleye, bass northern and muskie forms but don't care for the trout and salmon will use as a last resort but major mods in the head area for artificial heads.

7. Slick

Slick Something smells fishy?

The McKenzie catalog has the colarbone measurement too. I like the Rinehart forms for walleye. I just did a pike and it fit good also.The total length measurement is close to the right size within an inch on the ones I have used.

8. den007

den007 Active Member

Most of their forms work well.....not crazy about the trout though either. On the musky and pike, the throat latch area is often too wide. In other words, you really have to open the mouth to fit the darned things. If you take the throat latch and cut a small triangle out of it, fold it upwards, and reattach, you can get a more natural look to the mouth. Dan told me he often did that years ago. Forms are still the same. If you have a skinny fish, you will have to do some major reworking.