1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Albino Animals

Discussion in 'Mammal Reference Photos' started by WRBH, May 13, 2008.

1. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

I ran across a bunch of Albino pics on ABCnews.com so thought would post them on here, along with few I have been e-mailed over the years, You can find a few more at this website, but I posted the ones I thought would be most relavent here since can't see much need for a pic of an albino killer whale or albino shark,lol

Here's the main website

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/popup?id=4633993&contentIndex=1&start=false&page=1

Okay now for the main pics, The albino moose was sent to me as a e-mail. The fawn was a post on my hunting board, a members buddy had found the fawn and was rasing it. Was cute, here was all of these big bad hunters worrying over whether this fawn survived or not, lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh the last one is a Muntjac aka Barking deer (which is now my dream hunt animal)

2. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

I'm sorry Ya'll, just read the part about not putting more then one species in a thread. Not sure if I should remove some, or if it's okay because they all have somehing incommon? If someone would let me know would apprciate it, Thanks

3. DavidB

DavidB Member

Not sure if its truely albino but still a nice pic

4. wow...look at the expression on that gorilla's face...absolutely amazing!

5. neat pictures

6. Wapiti

Wapiti New Member

Cool pics. In Alaska the white cub is called a Spirit Bear. I guess their rare and their protected.

7. thatguyonline

thatguyonline winnie the pooh

WI
    ;D

8. thatguyonline

thatguyonline winnie the pooh

WI
    ;D

9. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I'd keep them all together WRBH. The ones with dark noses/eyes, I think they are called mellanistic. Still...beautiful animals. Thank you for posting.

10. lorefuma

lorefuma Member

sad thing that "Snow Flake" Barcelona's albino gorilla was destroyed after his dead...

11. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

I took these pics of a live albino Brockett deer fawn while hunting ocellated turkey in Mexico.

12. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 New Member

Beautiful collection. I think it's appropriate to keep them together because they are organized around the theme of albinism. The dark eyed individuals are leucistic.