1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ebay fish, must see

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Doug A, May 15, 2008.

1. I usually don't point this stuff out but, crap. Some one send this guy Mr. Krane's video

http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-mouth-bass-mounted-taxidermy_W0QQitemZ180242393975QQihZ008QQcategoryZ71127QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. xhunter911

xhunter911 A dead coyote is a good coyote! Save the Deer

I agree looks terrible

3. Man that things awesome!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!! Not really. If those bidders only knew what they could really get.

4. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

it looks like one of those "mailbox" bass, LOL i see where he said at 22" he estimated its weight at 5 to 6 lbs, well i have a 22 inch bass i just painted, and it was only 3 lbs. so his formula can vary i see, LOL

5. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Sure it"s not a rubber billy bass. (39.95) opps sorry the rubber billy bass look much nicer!!!!LOL!! ;)

6. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Must have been a heck of a strong current during the flood to get him stuck on a culvert like that. Wow....

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Guys, I dont really appreciate you dogging my work like that. You highly underestimate the detail in that fish. The camera doesnt do it justice..........................................................................

Kidding, kidding.

My work isnt much above that, but you know....

8. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Russ, I have to disagree with your weight guesstimate. A 22 inch Bass does weigh about 5 pounds, 23 inches is about 6 1/2 pounds. I cant even imagine a 22 incher weigher only three pounds, a 23 inch pike weighs almost that. I think I must have got this one a little too close to the heater, LOL

9. he actually has a bidder for $40.00. If that sells, I'm going to dump the airbrush for a roller brush and post on ebay.

10. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Jimmy... the differences between your bass and that one is comparable to the differences between Brian's GTO on the weekly thread and a Yugo.

11. 22 inch...three pounder??????? I think your fish was sick maybe!
    I caught one once with a ten inch power worm in the stomach (only I fish this hidden little lake with 10 inch power worms and I hadn't been there in a while) anyway, it's meat was a gross color gray. I think it was sick from that plastic. The gut was sunken in and it looked sick. I took it out of it's misery to see what was wrong. Kinda looked like that one on ebay....LOL!

12. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

LOL Terry but very true.........

13. Jimmy your a damn trip!!!!!!!!! LOL

14. BIGUN

BIGUN Member

I hate that when they take a picture of a live bass and try to tell people it's a mount. he he.

15. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

I bet it has two eyes

16. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Man I missed it.

17. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Wouldn't want anybody to miss this one..eh?

[​IMG]

18. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

Yes, I believe it is a LARGE mouth Bass

19. The pectoral fin is as true to life as you can get,what kind of stretcher do you need to get the mouth that wide,hydraulic?,Lets bid it up and see a repair job.

20. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

I'm sure that pic was before gloss. Gloss always seems to make my fish "come to life".