1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

HELP W/ BROKEN TURKEY LEG

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by after the shot, May 15, 2008.

1. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

I took in a turkey that has a broken leg. It had a pellet go through the leg about a 1/2 inch above the spur. I can repair the hole and and wiring the leg isnt an issue. But should I be concerned w/ the marrow and oils from the bone seeping out? I will be injecting the feet and leg w/ Masters Blend.

2. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

I could be wrong, but i would suggest that you run a wire down the center of th bone to force any marrow out before you mount. Should solve the problem.

3. bw

bw New Member

I would drill a hole in the other end and blow the marrow out with the air hose. Then during the washing process try to force some water through there as well.

4. bradc

bradc New Member

i would do this on all birds if i were you. very quick and easy

5. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

if your not getting the morrow out of your turkey legs you may be asking for future problems, i have a drill bit the size of my leg wire that i run down the center of turkey legs and thru the foot pad for attachment and that bit pulls all the morrow out of them, as for the whole, i would simply use sculpt all to redo the affected area and airbrush to match.

6. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

thank you all for your help.