1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mounting a Saskatchewan whitetail! 30+ PICS!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Amy, May 16, 2008.

1. Very nice Amy, Well done

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Very nice as always Amy.

Do you miss that long beautiful hair yet ::) ??? :-\ ;) :D

3. OutbackJack

OutbackJack Member

PA
    Thats an awesome deer. You do very nice work and its great to see all the steps that you put on here! "You go girl"

4. WOW AMY, BEAUTIFUL JOB,I HOPE I CAN GET THAT GOOD.KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB.

5. jake95

jake95 New Member

sorry for bringing up a dead post but i have 2 questions, what did you use to prep the form? and also, what did you use to remove the ear cartilage? Thanks and great job!

6. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

I don't do deer but seeing you wait to do the clay AFTER the hide is wrestled on makes SO much more sense !!! way to go Amy ,how's the wee one?

7. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

very nice Amy!!!

8. hunt4blue

hunt4blue New Member

Very nice, great job. after you cut our a hole for the earbutts on the form, does that make the earbutt skin bunch up with to many wrinkles in the skin? Thanks great job

9. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

She probably fills the holes partially with clay.

10. marking

11. DNorton

DNorton New Member

Very well done, Thanks. I have one Question: When you reset your antlers in place after setting your hide on the form, what is holding the antlers to the form? are you securing it with screws, then claying for a smooth junction, or does the hide just hold it in place as it dries? Just wondering...

12. Kevin Jaramillo

Kevin Jaramillo New Member

amy thanks for posting this every tome i see work like this i am more inspired to live up my dreams of being a well known awsome taxidermist like yourself i am a beginner and your post has just given me a boost in knowledge thank you thank you thank you