1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Big thanks to Rick Krane and Gary Bruch

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by montana art, May 18, 2008.

1. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    Just wanted to thank you, again for taking time to do the seminars a Surry. Learned alot soon hoping to be able to show some fish on here. Rick I'm glad my phone pictures have time recorded on them so no trouble explaining 12:00 pm end of class. thanks for staying with it . Thanks again to both of you Carlton

2. Jamt225

Jamt225 New Member

Ditto!

And the same for Danny Owens and the Pheasant mounting Seminar. Murphy's Law was alive and well and Danny made it all look easy. Great instructor and seminar presenter.

This was my best year yet at the Mini Courses.

Big thanks to all who made it happen and what a nice community of folks!

I believe Surry Community College has the potential to be the center of the world as far as Taxidermy training and the Mini courses.

Pure learning and no politics. Great Learning environment! Nirvana.............

3. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Hahaha, Unfortunately I had to bail out of the Rick Krane class at 10:30 to to start my 3 1/2 hour drive home. Looks like I missed a lot. Great teachers.

4. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

It was a pure pleasure for me to be there. I have never been in a place where the people were that friendly and I would jump at the chance to return. It was a real blessing for me.

5. I also attended Rick's midnight class and it was great. I wish would have had time to do the interior mouth of that largemouth bass, but it was getting late.
    Rick you did a fantastic job and your class was worth my trip. That fish would have swam out of that class if it had had some water.
    Surry Community College did a great job and I am looking forward to next year. Rick Krane taught me to quit studying pictures and go to my farm pond and study my reference.
    That is where I am headed. Thanks Again!

6. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

Jon, you left a 10:30 that's when he was just getting started!!! He even told Cathy on the phone he would be done by 11:00 glad to so I'm not the only one who tells my wife the wrong time's. His seminars are always fun to watch he is a great teacher by anyone's standards. I don't understand how he can hold all that knowledge in his head.
    Thanks Rick.
    Looking forward to June.

7. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

I know it, when I left he was just getting ready to paint! Should have reserved my room for another night.

8. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

WOW! such a wonderful post of enthusiastic kindness! It was certainly my personal pleasure to have had the opportunity to share time and some real fun with you all! I apologize for a delayed responce I just returned this evening from Judging the Quebec, Canada at the 9th annual Taxidermy Association show ( great show as well BTW) and had not been on line for a few days.

It goes with out saying that Surry is a first rate program with the best of facility's, administration and faculty! The wonderfully talented people I had the honor of meeting were so motivated and shinning with enthusiasm to learn! I also want to give much give some real heart felt credit to the dedicated hard core fishheads who stuck it with me until Midnight for the Largemouth Bass Seminar! We here at Anglers Artistry put in some real late nights here but such a group of great folks so eager to learn while staying up so late now that is just way coooooool!!!!!!

I want to thank you for the kind words and I was so happy to be a part of your experiences in your Taxidermy learing! Any folks I didn't get to talk to or wanted to talk more about their fish just give a call or drop me a email. So happy to help!

I sure hope to return one day and I would love to see more fishheads doing more fish! Great work BTW in Surry! So real talent there!

My Best!
    Rick Krane
    [​IMG]

9. wttail

wttail New Member

Super class Rick! I learned a lot but I still have a long way to go. Hope you'll be back next year.

Hated to leave early but the wife and kids getting grumpy out in the parking lot.

You did get your brush back right? ...LOL .I honestly wasn't trying to abscond with it!

Not only are you a wealth of knowledge you give a great presentation as well. thanks

10. Jamt225

Jamt225 New Member

Keep Greg's mother in your prayers. She had bypass surgery shortly after the Mini Courses.