1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey feet

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by ndawoods25, May 21, 2008.

1. I have a customer that wants the turkey legs with the fan mount. Got any ideas what to cap the tops with? Just cut off looks tacky to me.

2. kebees4

kebees4 New Member

Ohio
    I did a set of turkey feet and used apoxy sculpt then textured them like the legs. Turned out better than I expected. Customer was happy.

3. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

I use the panels from McKenzie that hold the tail, beard, and feet. With those panels, you don't need to top the feet with anything, they are covered by the panel.

[​IMG]

4. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

We prep and paint the feet, and after the joint is removed we wrap the end in a small piece of natural buckskin and attach with one screw from the back.
    [​IMG]

5. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

This is what I do. Braid a leather rope from shoe laces. Blend them with Magic Sculpt and paint. This is a older pic, Ive since changed up my paint schedule on TK feet

[​IMG]

6. Jeremy, that looks really classy with the engraved wood and darker stain on the wood. I especially like how you braided the leather and attached the legs with it.

7. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Thanks Mark, just another option out there. My customers seem to like them.

8. Houndog

Houndog Walsch Taxidermy

i take 2 turkey loads 3 1/2 magnum and knock out the primers put a ball of apoxie to stick the legs to the shell .also run leather lace through the primer with a knot on the inside,then attatch to the panel with apoxie where it cant be seen. it looks cool!

9. I do mine similar to Jeremy. I attach leather lace to ball end of leg and apoxie sculpt over it, let dry overnight and texture like leg, paint and attach to panel. I like usuing Walnut Creek Harwoods products on all of my misc turkey work.

10. xx78

xx78 New Member

eddie-check out a company called king imensions. they have some slick and inexpensive products for turkeys. their beard"hangers" work good for finishing whole feet. just cut the ball off, inject,paint and finish.

11. JLW

JLW Member

I have seen them cut off with the the brass off of two shotgun shells stuck over the tops. Knock out the primers and run a leather lace through the hole to hang them under the fan mount...JMO LOL Wagner's Taxidermy ;)