1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#34

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 23, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#34

Welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!! Been a long but wonderful week for me getting to meet some great taxidermist with talent on High! From the beautiful campus of Surry Collage to the breathtaking scenery of the Canadian providence of Quebec and their super show! Many many tremendous fish and even better people whom I had the opportunity to meet!!!

WOW what a great week we all shared in this past week in fish pictures! There was some really inspirational fish work last week I hope you all had a great week my friends and family of Fishheads!!! Lets start off with some Big time thanks to our great contributors this past week!

Great work last week by Dan Smithgall, Terry Fuller, PercaFluviatilis, Dave Jeff Sooner, Mike Kroessig, Paul Borkowski, Fishtail, Justin Sommer, Marc, Duckfeathers, Denny, Tom L, Dave Smith, Don Patton, Aaron Stehling, and Craig W!!!!!!
    Super work and Big thanks for sharing and aspiring all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

This week I thought I would share the tremendous hard work of many diligent talented Taxidermists from the Surry Community Collage Annual Taxidermy show and convention, and the Association Taxidermist of Quebec (ATQ) So many wonderfully gifted folks! So eager to learn and to be humble enough to want to learn! Congratulations to all who attended both show and to all I have the privilege and pleasure to meet!

I hope you enjoy the week!
    So with out further ado lets get week #34 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #34! Enjoy!

Uncle Dave I Still hope your wrist gets better! See Ya in June!

My Best!
    Your Friend
    Rick Krane

Here are some great examples of talented work of the great folks of the Surry Show!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some great examples of talented work of the great folks of the Association of Taxidermist of Quebec Show!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

OUTSTANDING START TO THIS WEEK!!! I am really inspired by the work at the Canada show. That largemouth/Pumpkinseed? scene is breathtaking. It is my favorite of the bunch!!! WOW> Makes me want to thaw out a monster bass and start working on it. Incredible work all around. Very nice trout as well. Top notch. Hard to top that phenominal start!!!

Keep it up,
    Jimmy

3. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

WOW, Great Fish!!!!

Here is a smallmouth I threw a quick paint job on yesterday to take up to gander mtn.

4. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    them brookies and that pumpkinseed are sweet!

5. 46lb 8oz muskie. 54inch long 27inch girth skin mount.
    current state record. on a BUD EVANS wood slab..

6. gary bruch repo smally i did for a traveling trophy for a bass club.. they have about 8 turnaments and the winner of each gets to take it home till the next turney,also they get their name on a brass plate to be attatched to the wood... they have a points system and the angler of the year gets it for keeps..

7. another pic.

8. also finished a stringer mount with two 20lb+ pike..
    customer wanted something different....

9. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

Great looking work to all! WOW!!!

Fishstuffer, I bow down before you! Those pike are absolutely out of this world. Holy smokes what a nice piece. Very impressed!

10. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Wow Rick,
    Somebody at Surrey and in Quebec is doing some great teaching on fish taxi. That Surrey show had some great looking stuff. All were great, though the walleye really caught my "eye". Thanks for sharing.

11. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Thanks for posting those epics Rick....love the brook trout.

Fishstuffer- All look better than great. Super carve job on the pike :)

Brook Trout skin mount- carved body- wholesale piece

[​IMG]

Lake trout skin mount--Great lakes fish--carved body--wholesale piece

[​IMG]

12. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

After returning from Surry I finished a wholesale largemouth skin mount in a class setting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Great looking bass Gary !

14. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Outstanding fish and very inspiring. I think, as far as the show goes, my favorite is the bass chasing the sunny.

Fishstuffer: Man, you've been busy. Raising the bar again. Love the Pike. Beautiful work on all the fish.

As usual, some fine work again Aaron and Gary. Always look forward to seeing your work.

Here's a 15 inch Lake county repro: The body marking were sketched in lightly with pencil then enhanced with scale detail black. These are the kind of Black Crappies we see in my area.

15. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

head shot:

16. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

I really like that stringer mount.

17. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

YOU GUYS ARE ALL SICK SICK SICK WITH TALENT :D

18. duckfeathers

duckfeathers New Member

Wow. Those two pike on the stringer, wow. Somebody knows the northern pike. Hats off to fishstuffer.

19. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

I'll chime in with the masses... those pike look terrific!! And what a nice touch with a single fish- other species with that smallmouth... very well presented!

Gary... your fish never cease to amaze me with how incredibly life like they are: I fully believe if I stare at the screen for more than a few seconds, they'll either flop or I'll begin to see the gill cover rise and fall. You set a tremendous example for all of us with how far we should be pushing ourselves to go.

Brian... Outstanding! I guess you figured out a successful game plan for that, just as I kinda figured you would. That is a very sharp looking crappie. If your pike is half as nice you'll be in good shape.

Aaron... Nice work! It's simply amazing what that old H brush can dish out, isn't it? LOL More accurately... it's pretty darned cool what your talent allows you to do with that H brush.

Terrific start! And thanks for sharing those photos Rick... very cool to see!

20. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

DITTO!!! Great work so far everyone.