1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#34

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 23, 2008.

1. JohnBOhio

JohnBOhio New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Well Rick it looks like you had a good time at both the shows. I hate I didn't have anything for the show this year but I'll be sure to be there next year. Man NC sure loves a Arp bass huh? LOL You can see em all in the background. I love the brookies in Quebec. Great fish for this week too. Love the largemouth Gary. I'm so used to seeing your smallies, but your largemouths look great too.

3. WOW! All fantastic work. VERY nice work fishstuffer. The pike are AWESOME!! That large mouth chasing is fantastic. I love the coloring. Speaking of coloring...Gary, your bass looks SO REAL! Funny how so many bass can have so many looks and still be dead on in what they look like. AAron, to be putting out numbers like you do and have your fish look that nice is phenomenal. I have NEVER seen or heard of another high numbers producing taxidermy studio putting out a quality product like you guys can. Not Telesky, Hawkins, Pflueger, Grays, etc etc etc..
    COOL stuff everyone.

4. That state record musky is really nice. I like the way the driftwood kind of accents the anal fin. The muscle tone in the fish is very natural looking just as it is in the pike stringer mount.
    Where did those pike come from Fishstuffer? You DID find out where they came from ( down to the bay and depth of water, lure tec...) didn't you...LOL???

5. Glenn M

Glenn M Well-Known Member

Wow lot's of incredible work on here, love the bass my favorite fish to catch, eat too. Here's one I just finished.

6. den007

den007 Active Member

Rick............love that smallie and the pose, habitat, etc. Too bad he broke off and you missed him!

Fishstuffer.......love that smallie as well..........but those pike....wow! Some real chunkers!

If you are from the west coast, you may have caught one of these. How many know what it is????

7. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Is it a red horse sucker?

8. [table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table] :) :) :) Awesomt fish mnice crappie Brian..,,Cant wait to post next week,,yall are very inspirational....

9. another set of salmon shark jaws

10. nate

nate Active Member

So many awsome fish, I'm almost ashamed to post. Love that pike mount. Heres my contribution for this week.

11. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Love this stuff !!! Especially the muskie, well maybe the smb, or maybe the crappie, or maybe the ......... Well you get the Idea.

12. Hey Den. Looks like a Corvina to me. of some type or another

13. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Give me a clue, is it salt water or fresh water?

14. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    on thwe fish ID it looks like the fins of a spot (or croaker)

15. Agh looking at it again with the down turned mouth it may be a croaker or a corbina

16. den007

den007 Active Member

Ding Ding Ding! And the winner is.......Josh Knuth! It is a corbina........and was a pain in the ass to skin mount!

17. kodeman

kodeman New Member

very nice work guys
    i just finished up my first fish...a 20'' largemouth skin mount
    but i cant get good pics to post
    i cant wait until im as good as you guys!

18. NTWS

NTWS New Member

Wow, another great week! Here's my contribution:

[​IMG]

Smallie will be chasing a crawfish as soon as I get one in.

19. fishtail

fishtail New Member

So many nice pieces! Everyone continues to put out such nice work. Very inspirational!! All the bass are wonderful!
    All the fish from the Surry CC Tax. show are very nice. Love the Brookies!!
    That Largemouth from GBRUCH is awesome. So natural... love the pose.
    That Pike stringer is way cool. Hefty Pike!

This is a 26" Rainbow Trout I finished earlier in the week. Molded, Cast reproduction. One pic outside (not glossed), the other two pics are inside, glossed.
    I also molded this same fish in a right turn and hope to have that finished in the next couple of days. However, I really want to squeeze in some fishing this weekend too.

Great work everyone!

20. den007

den007 Active Member

Just when I thought the gloss had dried, darn thing jumped up and took a bait!