1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

YOUR PRIZED MOUNT - Which Mount Will You NEVER in a Million Years Sell????

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by theroyalhunt, May 26, 2008.

1. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

The P head will eventually be auctioned off with the money going to Sarina. I've just got to find time to set down and put those dang eye's in! So yes the PHead will be leaving.

2. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

i keep thinkin that will end up on the cover of breakthrough :D that would BE a breakthrough ;D

3. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

LMAO!...I told Larry at Surry he could use it if he wanted to. ;D He started laughing and said he didn't think it was the right direction for BreakThrough! ;D

4. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

figures ;D it would be a bold move :D :D Should at least squeak a few novelties awards outta him for he goes off to lala land :D

5. This mount I wanted to sell but just cant bring myself to do it.
    4 Blues, BOC, BOS, People choice, Taxidermists Choice in 2 states and a WASCO.

There is a funny story that goes along with the piece involving John Matthews and a bunch of honorable mention ribbons, they tell me the look on my face was priceless.

All that and it sits in my basement wrapped in plastic, maybe i should sell it.

[​IMG]

6. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Nice pieces everyone!!

Matt, I can say first hand that that was an amazing mount. Maybe if you have a minute you can share the story with everyone in detail. It was a good one! LOL. Great job.

-Fred

7. Ok, I will try and find some better pictures as well. I have to work on my comp. pieces first, so it will be later.

8. I would never sell this one - no way no how! It is my personal best archery deer - Booner! Shot on my own property. Same buck as my avatar.

9. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

i am a money whore, so anything in my showroom can be owned for a price ;D

10. bigrubs07

bigrubs07 October 26,2007 148 gross P/Y points, 230lbs FD

anything that i shot, killed, caught I could never sell even a spike horn! I know how hard i work to get them and they all mean a lot to me! if someone gives me somthing they dont want I'll sell it in a heart beat!!!

11. My wolf-dog hybrid shoulder mount -

[​IMG]

It has quite a story behind it + I was barely able to acquire the cape & skull at all - but I got lucky. It was also one of my first mounts period, back when I was just out of highschool.

The wolf-dog was someone's pet and it escaped and caused quite a bit of damage to other animals - it killed a calf, attacked a cat (don't know how the cat got away alive!) and mauled a full-grown cow so bad that the cow had to be put down. The animal control was afraid it would attack people as well as livestock so they tried to trap it and when that failed they had to hunt it down and shoot it.

I knew someone who worked at animal control and was able to get the cape and skull (though they gave it to me very reluctantly). I also have the skull - won't sell that either.

12. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

I'm probably going to have alot I won't sell, just for the fact I am very new to taxidermy and have promised myself I won't sell any thing I mount untill it is good enough I would be willing to buy it myself, which says alot,lol So figure will have a whole housefull before I am ready,lol

13. could of sold my whole show room to much paper work every thing has a price

14. Lenny

Lenny New Member

My biggest WT Deer that I killed a 160''Plus. Hold on I think I would sell him but the price would be outragest.

15. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Definitely my baby tiger ... It would be illegal to sell him, but even if it weren't, I wouldn't sell!

[​IMG]

Almost everything else could be bought IF the price was high enough

16. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

Awwwwww how cute, I love the tiger cub, great job

17. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

It's all for sale for the right price. And I don't care what happens to it after it leaves my possession.

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Ditto

19. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

Have a silver fox I won peoples choice award with was offered 1,500 from a chicago fur salon turned it down also my 10 pt buck and an old owl and a hen mallard I did when I was about 10 years old

20. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    My personal zebra , South Africa 2000