1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#35

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 30, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#35

Welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!! Been a wonderful week for The Week in Fish Pictures WOW! With every great week we all shared in the work we do as taxidermists with our fish pictures! There was some really inspirational fish work last week I hope you all had a great week my friends and family of Fishheads!!! Lets start off with some Big time thanks to our great contributors this past week!

Great work last week by The great folks whom competed at the Surry Community Collage show and the Quebec Taxidermy Association Show, bdahyrt, Fishstufer, Aaron Stehling, Gary Bruch, Brian Watson, John B Ohio, Glen M, Denny, Rich H, Nate, NTWS, Fishtail, Jason Ward, Jimmy Lawrence, Terry Fuller, Rocky river, Craig W, Randle Waites, Mooser, Craig R, Jim Tucker!!!!!!
    Super work and Big thanks for sharing and aspiring all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

This week I thought I would share with you some thing I do not typically do share my work… I have been working on New DVDs that will now be under the Anglers Artistry Label. So far we have 3 done a Walleye reproduction, Steelhead reproduction and a Smallmouth Reproduction. They will be available some time after the beginning of August and most of the larger suppliers will be caring them. There will 10m in the painting series and 3 in the mounting and molding series. I sure hope you will enjoy them and they can help with giving you a technique or 2 that lets you get a bit closer to an even enjoyable time working with fish. So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!
    So with out further ado lets get week #35 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #35! Enjoy!

Uncle Dave I Still hope your wrist gets better! See Ya in a week!

My Best!
    Your Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is a winter phase Steelhead from the upcoming DVD in some different pictures form over all to some detail.

Here is the Walleye from the upcoming DVD detail and over pictures.

Oh yeah me and the Smallie before painting.
  2. Rick I love the steelhead!

Here is one I just finished.
    Yep another Oddball fish. "I have been told I have a rough fish addiction" :D

A custom molded and cast Shorthead Redhorse
    It is around 18" long.
    I LOVE painting these big shiny scaled fish!

3. crankin

crankin New Member

i'll second Josh's statement that steelhead is sweet!

nice job on the horse there Josh!
  4. Nice Job Josh
  5. Rick love the steelhead and the walleye. I really can't wait for the new line on DVD's to come out. I want the box set LOL. Josh thats a cool little redhorse. Nothing less than great from you as usual.
  6. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

Good start to the week! I really like the redhorse Josh and Rick, your attention to detail is nothing short of phenomenal. Great work guys.
  7. Excellent attention to detail and great photography too Rick.
    Josh.....what can I say.....your artistry speaks for itself but.....your fanaticism with fish (I at one time hardly looked twice at) is nothing short of OBSESSED!!! And to think I once thought a sucker was a sucker....BOY was I wrong! What do people think when they see that stuff on your stringer??? I bet those wacked out C&R zealots leave you alone though...LOL!
  8. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Might have to change his moniker to "Trashfish2" LOL!
  9. featherhead

featherhead Member

Rick, Excellent work as usually. I can't wait for those new DVD's to come out.Looking forward to the walleye one especially. Josh great work on the redhorse.You always put out an excellent fish.
  10. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Nice preview of the Steelhead/Walleye DVD's. Running out of words to describe your work. How about "stunning".

ditto on the comments already made. Beautiful "oddball fish" for sure.........

Doesn't that Rick Krane repro look so lifelike. BIHC (best in human catagory)... ;D
  11. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

Pescado the fish is only half of the moniker. I would have to see him sing and dance before I could bestow him "TrashFish2"LOL
  12. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

One mans trash is another mans treasure. Great job Josh on the small mouth Redhorse, Rick you Rock, But what about a Brook Trout Painting DVD. Well ,I love Trashfish, any Fish big or small. This photo is a Skin mount I JUST finished of a 7 LB Greater Redhorse. It is for my collection. I hope to one day have one of every Species for my wall.
  13. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

A close Up
  14. LOL
    Thanks all
    Trashfish!! Nice greater! I have a big Silver redhorse I am doing next. I also hope to have a wall full of redhorse. lol What fun.
  15. LarryL

LarryL Member

Here is my first contribution to TWIFP, It is a New Wave blank 56" x 27" #2088.
  16. Rick,,Josh Trash..Larry.. everybody,,you are a great inspiration to hacks,,like me heres some of the things Ive just finished....travis tooo..yall are awesome ..
  17. another..
  18. I forgot Pescoto'''you're the man
  19. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

One I did as a gift for a friend of mine. Her daughter's FIRST fish:
  20. fishtail

fishtail New Member

The Steelhead and Walleye are both very, very nice.
    Both Redhorse are way cool. Very nicely done.
    That Dorado is great. I like the pose.
    Those are nice fish Al. The crappie is cool Brian. Nice gift! Especially for a first fish!

I have another Rainbow this week that I molded, cast and painted.