1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#35

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 30, 2008.

1. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

R Krane, J Knuth, and Trashfish, WOW as usual. Good job on the rainbow fishtale. Den007 nice bass and same goes for Marc's crappie. I finished a LM for a customer this week.

2. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Nice job on the bass Cole and Denny.

Marc (and others), Thanks for the compliment on my little present. I wish I had snapped a picture of her face when she came in my office to pick it up. I was thinking: THAT'S what it's all about. That's around the 10th fish I have done as gifts. Each time the finished piece is picked up, the time and effort to complete it seems miniscule. All I can say is it's a great feeling (you guys know that). I give you full time guys a lot of credit and respect, as along with the emotional rewards, you HAVE to earn a living at it too. BTW, that Crappie is Awesome Marc. Did ya notice I snuck in a truck picture. ha!!

Rick (bdahyrt), LOL. but make no mistake, "aint no Penguins on MY fish". I think tonight it's over baby. Wings will take the Cup!!!

3. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

Brian, Glad to hear she was happy!!! (knew she would be!)

As for the PENS, They live to fight another day! ;D

4. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Hello for a long time!!
    Here's my first ever self molded and casted fish. I enjoyed as lot making this crap...I mean carp! Hope you like it,it was a 12 pounder.. ;)

5. Mark where did youget the eye for that crappie? When I scuba dive I see large pupil ont he fish and that eye is a killer!!!

6. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Finally it`s time for doing some fishwork. Have been working with the sheeps for 1,5 month and now my family has grown to 240 ;D ;D Here is a early fall spawning Atlantic. Thanks. Ole

7. Incredible work, people!!!

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Very very nice Red Stag!!!!!!!!!

9. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I do very little fish taxidermy, but I painted one of these Arp repro's and thought I'd post it.
    [​IMG]

10. As always nice work everyone. Go to my first class on mounting fish next Tue. Hopefully soon mine will look like yours.

11. DavidB

DavidB Member

Citation Perch

12. DavidB

DavidB Member

White Crappie with habitat

13. jarhoj

jarhoj New Member

Keeping in mind that I am new, and fish are really intimidating, could someone please explain to me how to gold tip scales?

14. jarhoj, you can use anything to tip the scales, paint brush and any of a varity of gold paints or waxes, fingers and the same. Paint brush and gold powders. I have even used glue and gold leaf!

Go to Kastawy.com adn looka the powders $50.00 will get a set that will get you started.

I have found using the powders to enhance the paints and it makes a great way to highlight to the scales.

15. jarhoj

jarhoj New Member

thanks for the info! I will check it out!

16. David B....nice crappie....

17. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

awesome work rick, and everyone else. here is one of mine. im getting there, but no where close to some of you fish gods out there.

18. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

might see this one better

19. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A 10 lb pyramid cuthroat with some bait.... the first pic shows the actual color- i s#ck at photography ::) ::) :D

20. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Nice Salmon Red Stag!!! So many beautyful mounts again

I´ve posted these fish already, but yesterday was Finnish taxidermy accociations open contest and I won beginners fish with my arctic char (red ribbon 82 pts.). My another char positioned 3rd. Taxi-lovers carp positioned 2nd. There was only 3 fishmounts and 1 carving ;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]