1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Study Live Deer with Bill Yox

Discussion in 'Training' started by Bill Yox, May 30, 2008.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Ok, many folks have come out to my Whitetail Workshops and spent three or five days mounting deerheads with me, which includes as much time as we can out in the deer pen. Well, these classes are definitely pricey and tough for some folks to schedule as far as time goes. Due to repeated requests, I am now offering ONE DAY Live Deer Classes. One and two people with your cameras, video cameras and notes, etc, and ME. We just spend the day with a tame buck and study everything, all anatomy and we touch those deer to make sure we "see" with our hands too, the same hands we put them back together with. Because its just the deer pen and not in the shop mounting deer its a bit easier to plan and therefore a bit less money as well. This is a much more laid back and casual class then my workshops. If you are very serious about learning more about the presence of these animals and to photgraph all the features you need, contact me at 585-637-2450. Thanks!

2. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

wow, i wish it didnt cost a fortune to fly up there, i would love to do this. I wish someone with a pen closer to home was offering this as well, i think we ALL could benefit from it.

3. if only i was in the us, sounds a good day tho....

4. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I want to spend a day in a deer pen with Bill's bucks & does TOOOOOOO!!!!! Dang IT that I'm waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy out here & he's waaaaaaayyyyyy over there. :'( :mad: Any of y'all that are close, if you do this...I'm happy for you :) but dang it that it's not me. :mad:

<Sigh> Whoever does it...take good pictures please? ;)

5. I'm interested- mapquested it , seems to be a 7 hour drive - PM sent

6. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

What an opportunity! Bill needs no hype nor advertisement from me or nay one fore that matter however I must say with hesitation if I were to learn from someone the skills necessary to create a beautiful and accurate deer it most certainly would be Bill Yox. I have known Bill for many many many years and I know him to not only be a funny and charming friend but a serious instructor. A few years ago I hosted a Bill Yox whitetail mounting seminar here at Anglers Artistry in the old rustic shop when it was underconstruction for 2 classes of 4 folks in each class and I will tell you the outcome was breathtaking! The feed back was a testimony to the teaching ability of Bills years of commitment and devotion to the betterment of Taxidermy.

I know most know Bill as a Whitetail leader in the industry but I know know Bill as a great mammal taxidermist as well who would also provide exceptional training in this area as well. Money is hard earned in our business and time is always the greatest factor to cost with this said Bills time he will spend with you is a value that will pay you dividends for many years to come!

I know Bill as a friend ( and a good fisherman too ) if I just knew him by reputation alone the work he has done with many is a shinning example of his ability to teach!
    Be prepared to eat he can eat! LOL!

My Best!
    Rick Krane

Here is some pictures of Bill teaching the many participants!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. laserred

laserred New Member

That would be so cool! Too bad its so far away! Thats a sweet Mighty Mouse t-shirt bill! :eek:

8. Bill Yox

Lol, then if any of you come out, Ill also wear my Underdog, Bullwinkle or Popeye shirts. I know I got others, lets see, the Hulk, Aquaman, Im wearing Batman today...

9. well as soon as i finish high school i will do it ...

10. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

I gotta chime in here. Speaking from experience, Bill's deer pens are nothing short of fantastic! You can get as up close and personal as you want with those guys. If you want to count eyelashes you can. Some of those guys will follow you around like puppies! Brenda and I had a great time while we were there. I wish we would've had more time!

11. Hey Bill,

Sounds like YOU better Take some of your DEER on a roadtrip ! But, I suppose the various state game dept. won't allow it ? Good idea, & good luck with it .

12. Bill Yox

Hi Larry, yeah, with CWD and all the newest regs, the days of travelling with deer seem over with. Id guess that an instructor that doesnt have deer could still make a nice arrangement with a local deer herd for pics, and still do ok with everyone. Hey Larry, best of luck with your instructions up there in "OZ" this year. Larry, didnt you mount some record musky just a few years back? I wonder how many people here know that.

13. Bill Yox

Thanks Tom, nice of you to say so, even if there was a foot of snow back then to cover everything up! Well, except for all those sheds you found!

14. Bill, When will you be having your next full length Whitetail Workshop?

15. Bill Yox

My workshops are not announced ahead, theyre scheduled individually with each student and I. They run from May thru August and sometimes a couple in September. Did I get to your inquire from yesterday? Ive been swamped with calls, emails and PMs...thanks everyone!

16. WOW Bill ,I`m really looking forward to my week with you . It will be here soon . Rick said you`re the best .

17. Bill Yox

Randy, yep, itll be fun!

18. Bill Yox

Hey Rick, my fishhead buddy, thanks for posting those pics...and NOT posting those other ones!!!

19. Hey Bill, can I come and play too ???

20. Bill Yox

Muck, itll cost you MORE.