1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tutorial: How to Create Your Own Avatar

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Ken Edwards, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Dropjhook.com

Dropjhook.com New Member

thank you for the help!!

2. Katie H

Katie H New Member

I can't figure it out. I reduced the size using paint. It says that my avatar is too large or not an avatar. Also, how do I put a picture from my camera card to send as a PM?? Copy, paste won't work, I don't know any other way.

3. My Avatar is gone. I noticed today it was not there, it is the same one I have had for a long time now, of me and my wife and her Halibut. I thought maybe something was up with Photobucket, so I copied it from my computer and it was back on for a couple of minutes, then POOF it was gone again. Can someone give me a clue to why it is gone?
    Here is the pic I have had, for my Avatar for sometime.
    [​IMG]

Thank You!
    Travis

4. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Travis, your avatar is there. I and other members can see it fine. You probably can't see it due to an incomplete file in your cache memory (temporary internet files).

This happens to me sometimes, too. If the graphic file for your avatar doesn't load correctly when you visit a page (which can sometimes happen when clicking around from page to page within the Forums), your cache memory will load the incomplete file, and your avatar won't appear or will show up as a red X. As you continue to visit more pages, your browser tries over and over to use the avatar file from your cache memory, but is unsuccessful.

Your cache memory simply pulls files from your local hard drive instead of off the internet to make your surfing experience faster.

To fix this, you can right-click on the red X and choose to view the image in a new window. Then your avatar should appear again. If it doesn't, refresh the page, or clear your cache memory.

5. Thank You Ken! Weird, today it is showing up for me. Thanks for explaining that to me. I thought I did something wrong.
    Thanks again!
    Travis

6. jj sunny

jj sunny keep scams out of this forum,i know u,,

hi KEN
    thanks for the information
    i was just wondering if i can be directed how to put a logo on my profile
    so that when i make a post i can see my logo place bellow of my post.
    i will appreciate your advice.
    my regards to all that may help
    jj

7. test

8. SeñiorBirdBrain

SeñiorBirdBrain New Member

Hola! I've been trying to upload an avatar for my account, and I've resized and everything, but when I click "change profile," nothing happens, the page clears itself as if I had just opened the page for the first time. Any ideas???

Thanks!
    EL

9. Ken Edwards

Try changing something else on your profile, like adding your location. If that works, then the problem is with your avatar file. If you want, you can email the photo for your avatar to me at [email protected] and I will add it to your profile for you.

10. I'm not new to forums or the avatar world, but I am not having any luck here. I created an avatar at around 100 pixels square and it wouldn't take it. Changed that several times, then went to a website that creates them. It wouldn't take that one wither at 74 square. Tried to use the link it popped up for a minute, then went away?

11. tommy70

tommy70 New Member

Hope you can help, when i go to profile to add avata non of the functions work,cant click on modify profile or the other. Help

12. tommy70

tommy70 New Member

Ive tried this again with no success..is there a waiting period or am i just s.o.l lol

13. 458okie

458okie Jeff "458okie" W.

I was trying again today to modify my profile and the buttons appear "faded" and don't let me use them. Frustrating, as I have more gray hair now and want to update my 7 year old avatar pic...lol ;)

14. Nick7

Nick7 New Member

I have tired many times but when i click on modify nothing happenes. Even when i right click and open as a different window all i see is my profile.. What am i doing wrong Ken?
    Thanks

15. Ken Edwards

Go here: http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=35706

16. Nick7

Nick7 New Member

Thanks again Ken!!

17. 458okie

458okie Jeff "458okie" W.

Yes, definitely thanks...got mine updated last week. :)

18. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

Ken, I am unable to update my info and avatar.

19. Very Helpful! Thankyou!

20. Genestanfield

Genestanfield Lake of the Ozarks Outdoorsman

thanks I have had issues making one small enough