1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What everyone working on

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by brushwolf, Jun 2, 2008.

1. so Whats everyone working ON i just got done with a bobcat with its squirrel IT caught before it was shot and just finished one of my chipmunks hard little buggers. the squirrel is my 4 mount the bobcat is my first bobcat and my 5 mount and the chipmunk is my 6 and i made the base my self .. the other bobcat iv shown yall i just did repair work on, on the mouth and eyes .. the chipmunk mount I'm thinking of selling when ever i get done with the other. and the bobcat is from my first costumer my cuz .. I'm pretty sure he will be very pleased

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2008-06-02

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2008-06-02

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2008-06-02

2. Gina

Gina New Member

Just got done altering this one :) Now i gotta work on the rest of it :p Why cant all bears be like cookie cutters and all fit perfect?!

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

3. because then that would make life easy .. i had tons of altering work on that bobcat

4. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Cleaning my shop, making a wish list for this summer's taxidermy projects..I'll be making a big order with McKenzie as soon as summer vacay starts.

5. paul e

paul e New Member

got a life size blackbuck
    running with rear legs up im prepping

got a pile of foam on the floor
    happy as a pig in slop

6. DILLWEED

DILLWEED www.burkholderswildlifestudio.com

gotta finish a goose I started to mount last night , and do finish work on a bear

7. Labinnah

Labinnah Forums' Hyena Enthusiast

Texas
    Working on a ls hyena, which will hopefully be finished here soon.
    Starting on a boar shoulder mount.
    Also waiting for a ls piebald whitetail to come in the mail - totally excited about that one ;D

8. putting a yote in pickle--fleashing a deer --on the way to lunch--hot today here in NC

9. buckhunting101

buckhunting101 Hides N Stuff Taxidermy

working on skulls.Placing a order for a groundhog and building my shop.

10. dessert big horn life tomorrow

11. BWS

BWS New Member

Working on this one now. Well...got it stitched up about 30 min ago...lol

Just ignore the pins and crappy grooming, i'm tired....the hairdo can wait until in the morning ;)

12. what kind of cat is that

13. BWS

BWS New Member

it is a cat of the common house kind ;)

really tho...i think it is a siamese/persian mix

It is a wholesale job

14. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Neat mount, you did a good job. Did you carcass cast or wrap a body?

15. BWS

BWS New Member

Thanks!

altered a bobcat body for this one...

16. Wow thats cool cat. Josh

17. mark1970

mark1970 If it looks good and its got a big rack,mount it!

BWS, Where did you find those eyes at? I screwed up and took in a house cat cause I felt sorry for the girl. Now I cant find the eyes to match. I got some in that were close and she said they were too green. Thats the problem with doing a pet, Its the last one I will ever do.

18. i think van dykes offers custom eyes

19. BWS

BWS New Member

I got the eyes directly from Tohickon. These were a pair they have in the catalog, but if you need a custom color just call them...they can match off of a picture. Just make sure you charged enough ;)

I really don't mind doing the pets....at least so far. Of course the requests i get are crazy, but SO FAR i haven't had that one customer that made me wanna quit taking them in. I know it is coming one day...but for now.....i'll still take 'em.

20. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I have 2 roe deer capes and a huge red stag cape in the pickle. Should be mounting them all this weekend

Hoytman