1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What everyone working on

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by brushwolf, Jun 2, 2008.

1. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

A lot of prep work to do before it goes down the road for a cruise ;D ;D ;D ;D
    [​IMG]

2. omg ..that car is mouth watering ... can i borrow it just for about hmmm lets say 50 years :D ;D

3. Vellu

Vellu New Member

Just painting this cat nose and lips :-\

4. dang velly .. where do you buy your eyes

5. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Vellu I love that mount!

I haven't worked on anything for the past two days, I better get to it. lol.

6. just about to get started on skinning the rest of fish from yesterdays catch . then when i get done were going back out for more

7. Vellu

Vellu New Member

brushwolf i buy them from Russia. Nina thanks, I don't like that cat to all :-[, that face expression is too relax ,but my customer want that and he was sitting by the side of me and he told when that was a good.
    Maybe next is better?

8. do they have a website where you get your eyes .. when i ever do a lynx i will use those eyes

9. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

those russian eyes are great. there are some russian site in the ´taxidermist´ section of Taxinet. Mind you, not all have an english translation! you can also try europe eyes, perhaps they sell lynx eyes, but im not sure...

10. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Just finished sewing up my first otter. I enjoyed working on it. I carded the ears, did a little preliminary grooming and now I'm headed to the pool. I'll work a little more on it later tonight.

11. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

I wish I was working on something interesting. I have to move so I'm up to my elbows in boxes and organizational stuff. :'(

12. Mink

Mink New Member

I'm working on a humongous possum for a customer. Biggest I've ever seen. Will post pictures when done.

13. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Nice work guys and gals, Love the squirl Mike.

14. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

Here's the Tahr finished

15. Mink

Mink New Member

This is kind of unusual and probably doesn't count as a "Lifesize Mammal", but anyway, its something I made to promote the book I wrote. He's the main character of the book, a gold-mining ferret named Ringo. Rest assured there were no real ferrets involved in his making--he's made of deer and possum fur, (and some old blue-jeans!) I still need to do some paint touch-ups on him, but he's mostly finished. He'll be displayed with the book at an educational convention in September.

[​IMG]

16. GrayFox

GrayFox New Member

Nice mounts everyone! and I like the ferret guy :)

17. just working up a good sweat, just kidding i am slowly getting supplies ordered to try and mount a duck want to have everything in hand before

i start.

18. Binx390

Binx390 New Member

Still have lots of things to do to this fox(fix the eyes and ears) ive been working on the nose and mouth and this is the so far progress(it was a really bad hide for mounting dry and no stretch.) It was a pearl cross fox, hes sitting on a lifesize red cross fox sculoture i made using clay and real fox fur. My next mount im going to start on will be a silver fox, i recently bought one and i cant wait to get it in :D
    [​IMG]
    great mounts everyone!

19. Caping out Antelope, can't believe season is upon us already Ü

20. Jim D.

Jim D. Member

Like Tim, it's Antelope season and also Bear so been caping and fleshing. Trying to finish last years mounts, hoping to finish next month!