1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UTA presents The Nationwide Membership Initiative

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Paul C, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul C

Paul C New Member

The United Taxidermist Association, Inc. was formed in 2007 to become an advocate for taxidermists and the industry in general. A national association cannot exist without the support of the individual state associations, but sadly, today, state associations seem to be struggling to attract and maintain memberships.

The UTA is pleased to announce the Nationwide Membership Initiative (NMI). This program is a totally new concept in taxidermy association membership plans and will help all associations better answer the question “What can a taxidermy association do for me?”
    Here’s how it works: The UTA is prepared to offer every member of a state association a special introductory one year UTA membership for only $10. That’s a $40 savings off a regular UTA membership! What’s the catch? There isn’t one! This added “perk” can be used by state associations to promote their own organizations and offer their members a little something more for their membership dues. Hopefully, non-members will see yet another value to joining their state association-- thereby increasing the overall voice of the industry in general.
    States can choose how they wish to implement this initiative by one of two ways. The first is by simply including a UTA membership application with the regular membership mailing. The ONLY way someone can get the special introductory UTA membership is by being a state association member FIRST. The member will then mail the application and fee to the UTA, using their state member number as a code. The second way involves the state including the UTA membership with their regular state membership as a package deal. The state would then agree to pay the UTA $10 for every state association member that desired a UTA membership.
    This Introductory Membership is just that. The $10 membership is a special "restricted membership" in that it does not include ALL of the benefits of a regular UTA membership and it is good only for one year. For example, a member coming in under the NMI plan would NOT be able to vote in an election and would only recieve ONE Newsletter/magazine (instead of three or four). What the NMI members WILL get is their name added to a UTA membership list (with a special designation), they would get USSA correspondence and emails and they would be able to attend any of the regional or state seminars that the UTA was sponsoring. They would be able to see what it is like to be a UTA member and get a "taste" of the benefits of membership. Hopefully, it will be enough to make them want to join as a full member when their special ONE YEAR membership runs out.

Please keep in mind that this initiative is totally optional and voluntary. The UTA realizes that not all state association members will want to be UTA members, even for an 80% discount. The UTA asks that no state association force its members to be part of a national association. The right to choose whether or not to join the UTA remains with the individual, not the state organization.

This Initiative Plan has been mailed to every State Association President in the country for them to present to their Boards. Working together is the only way taxidermists and taxidermy associations can thrive and prosper. It is our hope that the Nationwide Membership Initiative will be a big step in bringing the taxidermy industry into the 21st century.

Paul Czarnecki
    Vice Chaiman--UTA

2. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

I like it. They are not forced to join and if they do then they get a discount for the first year. Great idea. Keep up the good work guys(& gals).

3. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Finally a optional plan geared towards increasing membership and complimenting existing State Associations, without a mandate foir 100% compliance. Sounds progressive to me.

4. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Sounds good guy's! ;)

5. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Credit for this Initiative should go to a progressive thinking, creative individual who thought enough of the industry to come up with the initial idea and an equally creative and progressive Board of Directors who approved and implemented it. Special thanks goes to Brenda DuVall for her help on this.

6. cht

cht New Member

Where can I find out more about the UTA ?

7. Paul,

Am I correct to assume then that the state associations have been contacted? And as a member of a state organization, we will wait to hear from them how they will or will not offer this opportunity? Im a WTA member, as is Brenda, so I'm sure well hear of it soon, but I wanted to pose the question.

Hugh

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

After my cell buzzed all day while I took my daughter for her college entry exams, and to go get deer feed, I decided to see what was cooking here. Seems the same old thing goes on, in two threads, mostly. Just so you guys know, its not the so-called pc crowd that edits here. I saw what was written, yes, I CAN go to the salvaged topics category, and you all know what? Since when does WASCO have an obligation to YOU guys to allow some of this? You just cannot single out a person and start discrediting them, right OR wrong. Save it for your newsletters, board meetings, or private messaging. Whether its a UTA or an NTA issue, its not always appropriate here in these forums. Not with the past track record lately. I see why it was pulled. For the umpteenth time, this site is being viewed in school, I mean grade schools, and is a courtesy to those in the taxidermy business. You guys can announce and discuss and even debate, but lets be smart and fair about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.