1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

going rate on squirrel mount

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by ikillsdeer, Dec 2, 2006.

1. mac

mac New Member

i do wholesale squirrels and chipmunks for $95.00 that includes the shipping back to you. the chipmunks are the same price because the darn things are so little. if interested send me a PM and i can email pics.

2. Dean

Dean New Member

AndyO I don't turn anyone away. I tell the customer what I need to get for the mount. I don't turn them away, they leave on their own if it costs to much. Just because they are small doesn'tmean they are cheap and easy. To do a squirrel right I need to get at least that much. Mac for $95 do you skin the feet and each toe out down to the claws and rebuild them with clay? split the lips, and turn the ears and tan the hide?

3. mac

mac New Member

do all except for tanning.... i DP them

4. Curtis

Curtis Member

TN
    Mac, I got a fox squirrel I need done. Send me some pics of your work my e-mail is [email protected]

5. chip@hocking.edu

[email protected] New Member

Phew!!! Wish I could get get $350 for a tree rat. I charge $125-$150 and get a few. Personally I like doing them. In my opinion it's a lot harder to make a squirrel look good than it does a deer so I can see why you other fellas charge so much.I guess I just feel more accomplished. Plus I'm in an area where prices are kinda low. It all depends where you go, just look at their work and judge for yourself what YOU think is a fair price for the quality of work.

6. B KENNEDY

B KENNEDY “THE YOUNG GUN”

OHIO
    Personally I like a little challenge. I really don’t mind doing them. I price them out at $150.00 and some people freak about that price and others have no problem with it.

7. Mac I'm also interestead in seeing some work I'd like to get a nice grey squirrel done.

8. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Heres the link to the one I just got back from freeze drying.

http://www.backcreektaxidermy.com/_Squir_004.jpg

9. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

Dang I obviously am not charging enough. I charged 125$ . Corse that was even for a fox squirrel which seem to be far and few between in my neck of the woods.

10. Dan Bond

Dan Bond Member

Pain in the butt, $225 for the basic mount