1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#36

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#36

Welcome from Boise Idaho and the Western Regional Taxidermy Event and competition!!! What a show this is going to be with so many talented folks here and so many different States represented the industry will be well represented with much talent! I sure will have some pictures of the fish work at this show later in the week!

Been a wonderful week for The Week in Fish Pictures WOW! With every great week we all shared in the work we do as taxidermists with our fish pictures! There was some really inspirational fish work last week I hope you all had a great week my friends and family of Fishheads!!! Lets start off with some Big time thanks to our great contributors this past week!

Great work last week by, Josh Knuth, Terry Weick , Larry L, Al from SC, Brian W, Fish Tail, JR Taxidermy, Andy’s Taxidermy, Denny, Marc, Cole, Taxi- Lover, Ole ( Red Stag) , Jerry Huffaker, David B, Rnviper3, Ron (RDA), Rami Kallio, and Scrubby!!!!!
    Super work and Big thanks for sharing and aspiring all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

This past week I have been spending a few Days with some of my friend in the Great Pacific North West! None other then our own great friend Dave Campbell (UFD) hosted me at his home for a few days so that we may catch up with old times and talk fish! Dave surprised me with a great surprise this week by having a few of our other great friends and Fish head legends join us in a what would be a meeting of serous fish talk and some study in to the depths of Fish taxidermy and Fish studies! World renowned fish gurus Jeff Lumsden, Dan Patterson, Pete Harum, Uncle Dave and yours truly got to play and hang out studying live fish this week! Jeff has come up with some new and most incredible eyes I must say and we all took turns showing our different methods of painting them! Dave and I even collaborated on a Steelhead head… How cool! It sure was my honor to work up a 60 LB King head from my long time friend Uncle Dave! Too much fun! What a time as you could imagine!
    We should whenever we can take the time to share with one another and to appreciate what each and every one of us do! Man I sure did this week!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!
    So with out further ado lets get week #36 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #36! Enjoy!

Uncle Dave Thanks for feeding me and sharing your cool life with me! Thanks Jeff, Pete and Dan for sharing your friendship!!!

My Best!
    Your Friend
    Rick Krane

Here are a few Pictures from Uncle Dave’s!

Here is Jeff, Pete, Dave, and Myself What a group of Fishheads!
    [​IMG]

Here is the New eyes done up for a Steelie and a King!
    [​IMG]

Here is my gift to Uncle Dave A great Big fishhead!
    [​IMG]

A Closer Pic of the Big Chinook!
    [​IMG]

2. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

RIIIICK!!! That fish head you gave to Uncle Dave is sick! I LOVE that!!! That is such a good idea for displaying in the shop or home. I think I may have to add a couple of those to my walls here at the house! AWESOME!!! Also, those eyes are awesome. Looks a lot like something I am working on ;O). Anyways, very cool stuff and oh how I would have loved to have been surrounded by so many great fish guys. I am sure that was a blast. Now, go to the show and take some pics for us to see!!

3. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    :)Rick, that is a great idea w/ the salmon head. Glad your having a great time. You really seem to enjoy life. I got your dvd on brk trt.GREAT!!! The results shown here are done on an arp reproduction I did many yrs ago. I wasn't happy ( though it wasn't bad for 10 or 12 yrs ago).I stripped it and added new fins(clear) and this is the result. Looking foward to the new dvds your working on 8)

4. rp

rp Member

nice fish all u guy's I'm sort new to the forum and really love the work that u guys do.
    Rick your work is really something special, really inspiring. I'm a selftaught fish taxidermist from South Africa and has already learnt alot more on doing replicas just by looking at your work.
    here is a trout and bass that i have finished recently let me know what u think please
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Rick!

Man that is one mean looking king!!! Im glad to see what you two were conspiring with. Hope campbell got his mind wrapped around that picture I send you guys!!!

Very great start to this week. Nothing new, off to Nebraska for the state competition. Will post results when I can.

6. bassnbuck

bassnbuck better late than never

nice fishhead ya got there...nice job there jemmick.....and rp you are doing some great work on the repros...the bass and trout look good

7. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    better shot of brookie. Still camera illiterate ::)

8. a walleye

9. same fish on a base different light..

10. WOW
    Great stuff so far!

Rick I love the King head!!

and Fishstuffer.
    Very Very nice color on that walleye!

If all goes as planned Ill have a few fish to put up later in the week.

KEEP um COMING!!

11. dsmithgall

dsmithgall New Member

That King head is unreal.....Looks awesome, I would have gave my right arm to be able to sit there and talk fish with that group of fish guys, what a cool experience that would have been....

Great work everyone, this is such a cool thing, and I look forward to it every week.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Have a safe weekend..

12. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    man nice work so far!

13. I'm with Dan. I look forward to seeing everyones work each and every week. Rick looks like you and thw whole gang of Master fish heads had a blast. I can only imagine what you guys were brewing up amongst the four of you. With all that talent in one room, it would be a dream of mine to sit in and listen to all of you alls strategies. Awesome king head. What a cool gift and and a great bunch of guys.

14. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

Rick,
    Awesome King head that would make a cool "Rick Krane Fishhead Award"LOL It's even signed!! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

15. Awesome work,,,great start to this weeks fish,,,

16. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

Hello guys. I dont post in here too often... Im a bird head and stay over there. However, I figured someone could tell me...

"who has the best peacock bass replicas (unfinished blanks)???"

I went to florida and caught a couple of whoppers this past week and I am going to try my airbrush on some fish for a change. any direction would be great.

here is one of the little fellas.

17. [​IMG]
    34 inch brown trout, Skin mount, panel by Ozark Woods. Price $21.95 per inch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

John, All 3 are really great looking fish!!!!

Gulfcoast, I'm jealous. I've always wanted to catch some big peacocks.

19. Thanks Bill,

Gulf caost, of coourse some repros will be better thanothers but the others are never to be discounted, theres a lot you can do to bring them up to standards.

20. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Rick,that king head is awesome!!! WOW!!