1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#36

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 6, 2008.

1. So is there a chance we could start posting some more fish pics and perhaps take the Politics to th Current Events forums where they belong???
    ::)

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

:( ..

:(

Kerby...

3. TheShed

TheShed Member

5th fish, 2nd walleye

4. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Hey Gang!

Back from the 6th Annual Western Regionals! I will post some pictures later this week form the show. I want to say fist that the work this week is top shelf!!!! Some really Sweet pieces of great fish work! You all work so hard and make such generous contributions for all of us! Thank you so much!!!!

Well here are a few fun photos and some really cool fish pics too!

Here is a increadable fish carving by the Amazingly talented Fish carver Mr. Danny Patterson... Sweeeeet!
    [​IMG]
    Here is a really cool Smallie courtesy of the talent of Mr. Dave Campbell!
    [​IMG]
    A better look at the detail work of the tail!!! Sick!!!
    [​IMG]
    Uncle Dave and Dan looking at Jeff Lumsdens new eyes! They are increadable and so life like! way to go Brother Jeff!
    [​IMG]
    OK you may ask how does one learn to become a Pacific North West Fish Head??? Well I was surrounded by some of the best ever in our beloved industry and they talked me in to the training program. Well it goes something like this....
    Fist you must hold the 30LB Steeelie... way coool!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Nest you must not drop the 60L King!!!!! Oh yeah!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    You must next hold the great fish mold of the sweetest Steelhead outthere!
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]
    Nest you must ride the fishhead wrist breaker.
    [​IMG]
    When you reach the Nirvana of the shadow of the great fish gurus of the PNW then you can ride off in to the sunset and do a better fish! LOL! Always work hard and be carfull to not let the Bike get you!
    [​IMG]
    A good representation of The Pacific NorthWest Chapter of the fish head syndicate!
    [​IMG]
    Your friend!
    Rick "Mad Dirt Rider" Krane

5. Kerby Ross

Cool pics Rick

What a group of Fishheads!

Love the wheelie...almost looks photoshopped LOL

Our Arizona Show starts on Thursday...... and guess what I have all of my 5 mounts ready...who would have thought.....with a day to spare LOL

:)

Kerby...

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Holy cow!!! That pic of you riding the bike is priceless Rick. I have tears in my eyes Im laughing so hard!!!!!! Daves stuff is always inspirational!!!!! What amazingly large fish tooo!!!!

Great pics man.

Jimmy

7. RDA

RDA Active Member

what Jimmy said..... ;D ;D ;D thanks for the cool pics they are ALL SICK!!!!!!

8. Rick your crazy!!!!!!!! They are some really cool pictures. I'm with Jimmy, I got a pretty good laugh out of the bike pics. I'm just glad you didn't get hurt. Maybe Dave taught you well. All jokes aside, I think the bike fit you well. Anglers Artistry / Motocross Workshops for the future????? I can see it now.

9. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    way cool wheelie!!! 8)

10. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Way too COOL!! You guy's really rule!! Hurray for fishheads!!

11. Kerby Ross

Rick,.........

I think I see a new avatar coming.............

Kerby...

12. Rick, Love the pics! Man, what a great time you must of had. What a group of Fishhead Ambassadors. I can't even imagine the fish magic that happen.

Everyone, Great fish this week!!!!! Nothing from me for some time. My wife has me installing 3000sq ft. of new floor. YUK!

13. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Rick you are officially grafted in as a PNW "fishhead"! Now you know that Seattle is the best sun block in the world. It sure was a great time, and to have you out this way! You are a great inspiration to all of us!

Kudos,
    Jeff

PS Dan your rainbow carving is amazing! Your anatomy, fin work, and painting is awesome!

14. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

3000 sq ft of flooring , Travis you must have one hell of a spread.

PB

15. Paul I was thinking the same thing. Travis I feel for you buddy. I hate flooring.

16. costco man

costco man New Member

small customer trout

17. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

I haven't been on the net much this week, wow did I miss out! love all the work, AND those candid shots of Rick :eek: I bet there will be more soon. Keep up the great work everyone, looking forward to see this Fridays posts.

18. Yup, that pic just made my laugh out loud. Thanks to all you guys that give us inspiration...all who post here and those who don't.

19. UFD

UFD New Member

I'd like to say that I have been immensely appreciating all of the excellent work that everyone has been posting over the past few months, as it is also a nice way to sort of live vicariously through everyone's handiwork while being on somewhat of a forced break. ;)

Rick, thanks again for the salmon head - it turned out awesome and I am enjoying looking at it every day! It was a great time to spend a few days with you and the rest of the gang here, and the time went by way too fast. You are surely a welcomed PNW fishhead in all respects. Sorry again for the huge mess here while the remodel is going on - next time you'll have to stay longer so we can get out the bows, pellet guns, RC trucks, go fishing, and also we'll fire up the big bikes so you can have some real fun! :)

20. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Rick, thanks for the pics of the PNW meeting of the fish meisters. Can't imagine what kind of table talk was went on there. UFD, hope to see some more of your work soon. Sweet smallie you did ther.