1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#36

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ArtistcAnglerInc.

ArtistcAnglerInc. New Member

Damn, I would have definitely showed up for that Tx show had I know G. Bruch was judging. I was so busy it just krept up on me before I knew it. You guys know how that is! Congrats on the ribbon

2. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

..not a fish guy by any means but Ive been playing around with some tropical species... doing this for mom's birthday. she would be expecting birds not fish ;)

3. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

and a racoon butterfly.

4. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Gulfcoast

Those are beautiful!

Are they carvings?

Kerby...

5. Nice salties Gulf!!

the eye and pupil shape on the cony is fantastic!

6. almt1012

almt1012 New Member

wanted to see what you guys thought.here is my first attempt at a montana golden trout. I am not a fish guy by any means!!!

7. fishtail

fishtail New Member

Very nice fish from everyone this week. Very inspirational!! What a great place this is to see such fine work and get motivation to work harder.
    That Rainbow carving by Danny is awesome!

Congrats on the ribbon Russ! Nice work!

8. den007

den007 Active Member

Wow Gulfcoast.......that ain't playin' around Pancho! That is some beautiful work! That blue edging on the fins is right on! And those eyes......jeepers!

9. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

Thanks for the compliments! Its very reasuring as I am in very unfamiliar territory working with these fish.

these are really some first attempts at doing fish period! they are customn molds and not the exact spieces that they have been painted to resemble (dremel tooled fins). I know there are companies out there offering these fish but they all seem to be extreme open mouth with flared fins and gills. bleh.

the eyes I had to paint by hand cause no one wants to make coney eyes :(. Id rather buy 'em. lol

LJ

10. Harum

Harum Active Member

I always find the time to visit this topic. I get an absolute kick out of watching the different techniques being used and the improvements that each individual has achieved. Most definitely gives me inspiration to push my abilities.
    GulfcoastWF, A Bird guy Fish head... How cool is that. Says allot to me that you were just not satisfied with available eyes and made your own (even though you would rather buy them). Nice work!

The time that I was able to hang with the group you see at the table was truly a time of inspiration. My head is still buzzing with the topics and discussions we went over.
    If you find yourself with the chance to get together with fellow fish heads by all means take that opportunity. You will find that the blank stares or um yea's that you get from your fishing buddies when you bring up anatomy issues or why the eyes look like they do will be replaced with enthusiasm and understanding.

Rick, Jeff and Dave, That was a very memorable day for sure. One that I will not soon forget. I look forward to the next get together and Rick now that your a charter member of the PNW fish heads we'll have to schedule the next gathering when the Salmon runs are in for some serious fish studies.

-Pete

11. Great fish work from every one, Wish i could be doing some fish right now but im still cranking out the moose, got 7 more to go from last year yet

12. Hey Russ. Great looking bluegill.

I REALLY like that base. Who made that for you? ::) ::) ::)

13. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

Hey John, isn't that the base that you donated for the Ol' Terry fund to have something mounted on and then sold......

[​IMG]