1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Biggest Bass

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Carter, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

What is the best bass you have caught? my best is only 8lbs.

2. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

lost a LM last year that was about 7lbs, would've been my biggest, just 6 more inches ;D other than that, 5.5lb

3. inkyspal

inkyspal New Member

GA
    A whimpy 3 or 4 lbs.
    I'm pretty sure I had a 10+ pounder once, but it got off the hook right as I got it up to the boat. Figures.

4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Are you ready...about 3 1/2 lbs...if I ever catch a lunker, it'll have to be an accident!!!

5. bassnbuck

bassnbuck better late than never

ive caught two that went 10.5. i live in south georgia and big bass are plentiful in farm ponds around here.

6. Perca

Perca Active Member

9 lbs 4 oz. My dad took me to Santee Copper to try for a 10 pounder...eh? The guide he hired got sick and so we got a young man who was just starting his career. He put us on lots of big bass, and when they got hung up in the treetops he would strip down to his swim suit, dive in, and bring the bass up for us. He handed me my 9 1/4 pounder from outside of his new bass boat. 1968....the guide was locally known as "BUDDY" but now everyone calls him ROLAND MARTIN! ;D That was one of the first fish I ever mounted and it's still on my wall. :D

7. RDA

RDA Active Member

[​IMG]

a 12 pouder.. have lots int the 7 to 10 range,, lost a few real toads in tournaments one was pushin way over 15... :'(

8. Jason Fessenden

Jason Fessenden My Little Princess

Nice photoshop job RDA ;D

9. RDA

RDA Active Member

im not smart enough to even edit let alone use photoshop chit ;D

10. Jason Fessenden

Jason Fessenden My Little Princess

thats what friends are for :0

11. RDA

RDA Active Member

[​IMG] eight pounder a local water record, and a five pound smallie :)

12. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Caught one that I estimate between 8 and 9 lbs. It was caught from a small private lake in norhtern IN in March. She was so full of eggs I couldn't kill her so I let her go and still doesn't bother me even now. I attended Piedmont in August of that year an it would have just been ruined with my inexperience. I'm sure rotten Ralph wouldn't have let me screw it up to bad, but he still only helped us so much. I have thought about working up a replia soon. Might have to do that now that I'm thinking about it. We don't see many over 6 lbs. up here in Yankee country.

13. My best is 7lb 6oz. I've hung two since I would bet my paycheck were bigger, but I lost em both. RDA aren't we just a regular Al Lindner? Just kidding!!!! LOL

14. Its the one I soaked up and remounted this year. over 17lbs, yes thats 17 lbs.

15. Jim L

Jim L New Member

8 lbs. i caught 3 that went 7 lbs. and several in the 6 lb category. caught them all in about 3 weeks and since i have not landed one over 4 lb.

16. Birddog33

Birddog33 New Member

I got one that was 5 1/2 pounds a few years ago. I took it to a taxidermist to mount. it is now in the trash and needless to say I am doing taxidermy now because of him.

17. -9lbs8oz.....

18. Heres one 45lbs 1oz. Hey rockfish are in the bass family right? LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Now that what I'm talkin' about Travis!...I love to see big fish!!!

20. Biggest Large Mouth was 8 lbs. from Table Rock. Beaver lake, ( yes, beaver lake ) is just south of me in Arkansas and is supposed to have some monster stripers. I've always wanted to go catch a nice one. Some day.