1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2008 NTA Membership Drive Winner Is...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John Janelli, Jun 10, 2008.

1. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    2008 NTA Membership Drive
    Cajun Fishing Adventure

At the 2008 NTA Convention in Lubbock, Texas, one of our lucky members will win a fabulous 3 nights, 2 day fishing trip out of beautiful Venice, Louisiana, with Larry & Kathy Blomquist. Whether you are looking for the excitement of chasing a tailing redfish or the monster speckled trout...you will be coming to the right place! Larry and Kathy have been fishing this saltwater hot spot for many years and know how to find fish. Larry's 24-foot Hydra-Sports boat can carry you on either an offshore or inshore fishing trip, depending on where the fish are. Weather and tides are usually the determining factors, but Larry says he will find fish that will put big bends in your rod. Red fish and speckled trout are the areas main attractions but you can never tell what awaits you. The trip is for 1 or 2 persons and includes everything except travel to Hammond or New Orleans, LA. The NTA will provide the winner with a fishing license. Winner is responsible for travel expense. The trip must be taken in July through September of 2008. If you' re looking for a wall hanger, then Louisiana is the place to be! To be eligible, simply sign up FOUR NEW NTA members. Sign up Eight NEW NTA members and your name goes into the drawing again! The drawing takes place on Saturday night at the NTA Convention in Lubbock, Texas, July 9-12, 2008. Winner need not be present...but we would love to see you there! Start now by signing up your friends, spouse, or employees with an NTA Membership. And they make great Father's Day gifts too! This trip is being provided by the NTA and Larry and Kathy Blomquist. We promise...you won't be disappointed!

2. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Sounds good John!

Hey Greg Waite, Micheal P call the NTA office and tell them I sent you! ;D Now I need 2 more! ???

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

That would be really cool to do some fishin with Larry And Kathy :)

4. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

EJ, stay away from my signees (is that a word?). Darn, everyone I've talked to is either already a member or won't sign up (most of those won't even sign up for their own state either).
    That would be an awesome trip though.

5. EJ

Hey Becky We're free range'in (I know thats not a word) here! It will be a challenge to find 4 so don't get in my way! ;D

6. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Nothing's more fun than fishing with Larry and Kathy out of Venice. Here are some pics from last September:

[​IMG]
    I updated my avatar with this bull red.

[​IMG]
    My wife, Gayle had her hands full.

[​IMG]
    So big we had to throw him back!

[​IMG]
    Larry and Kathy are the best hosts in the world!

7. EJ

Looks like a good time!

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Thank's Ken....I got the pic i've been looking for ;) ;D

Seriously though those are some nice Reds. I got the boat in the shop now & hopefully will be headed out for a few days to the rigs in a week & a half

9. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Be careful with my photos, Michael. Remember, I've got the BIG zap button, and not much of a sense of humor.

10. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Ken, I'd be more worried about Glen The Photo-chop Master......... ;)

11. EJ

I don't know Tom? With Micheal you may start seeing Ken Edwards toilet paper! 8)

12. Becky P

Nice reds Ken. Did ya take a bunch of reference pics? Looks like the light was great for that.

13. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

Ej - I called just for you and I mentioned your name and they hung up on me. ;D

14. Ken just got ten bonus cool points for the stogie hanging out of his mouth in the third photo. 8)

15. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Ken, how far out did you have to go for those fish? Never been for reds myself, so i havent a clue.

16. Becky P

Russ, I see land, LOL.
    We catch them on the flats all the time in Port A. My son caught a 39", 41" and 42" at the end of the jetties in Port A, all of them back to back. He didn't want to catch another right away. LOL

17. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

yeah i see land in one pic, but not the others, and not being from around the saltwater fishing i have or had no idea where one would need to go to catch "quality" reds, sounds like your boy did fine though.

18. Becky P

It depends on the time of the year, where the big ones are.

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Don't worry Ken....it's all for charity ;) ;D (trust me)

It's a blunt Andy :mad:

You can catch them close & far Russ. Miranda ussually go 15 miles by boat, but in reality it's less than a 1/2 mile from land in some of our good spots if you can understand what I mean by that. People even catch them at the piers, but out by the rigs and the jetties is the best place for luck we have.

20. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

A guy at work caught a 50 1/2" bull red two weeks ago in Port Oconner. Said they pulled in about 40 oversized reds in two day only fishing till noon. I guess they are running a few months llate this year? ???