1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Life Size Mammal of the Month #3 (6/08-7/08)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Great Job to all those who posted on Month #2! There were some very nice pieces posted
    up again and I look foward to everyone's contributions this month. Hope everyone is staying
    cool with all the heat around! Let's get to it. I don't have much of anything finished, been skinning
    prepping, and tanning these last couple weeks. Here is another Coon I managed to get done though.

Mike

2. Black Bear....

3. mark1970

mark1970 If it looks good and its got a big rack,mount it!

Nice bear Tim. I wish I could take pix like that. Mike, your coon is awesome,as usual. Hers a cat I just finished.

[​IMG]

4. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

nice work guys, Mike is that a custom pose on that coon, it looks great, i have a big 30 plus pounder to do, and i want to do something similar to show how truly big that thing is, thanks, Russ

5. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

skin mount.

[​IMG]

6. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

[​IMG]

7. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

doyle your coons are amazing.

8. Mink

Mink New Member

Here's a raccoon I finished today. I don't like the form or the pose (Van-Dykes Fleximove form--don't get one!!). To me that raised paw makes him look like a pointer dog, and I had to mount the coon on a branch because the legs of the form were so flexible it couldn't stand up on its own. And then to make matters worse it had hair slippage on the legs. But despite its issues, the mount itself is really not as bad as I expected it to turn out.

[​IMG]

9. Thats a very nice raccoon Doylestudio, also that mouse is cute. Josh

10. Doylestudio

Russ, yes that is a custom pose for that Raccoon. Good luck to you on that 30 pounder!
    Thanks for the positive comments everyone! Keep up the awsome work!

Mike

11. My animal of this month is a skunk again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Wow thats a perfect skunk. Josh

13. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Codi, do you have that many people on your side of the state mounting them things or are you doing them wholesale for others or what, in the 5 yrs i have been doing this, i have only had 1 guy want one done, just curious, you seem to do several, and we arent exactly on opposite sides of the country, just state ;)

14. Thanks Josh!

Hey Russ. I do a lot of skunks because they are my favorite animal to mount. No one has ever brought one to me to mount for them; I trap my own and recently purchased three, including this one, from Bob Wendt. I have done one for wholesale and the rest I've sold on my website and on eBay.

15. Codi, how do you get rid of the smell in your skunk mounts?

16. Lenny

Lenny New Member

The skunks I've gotten from Bob Wendt have been pretty much been sent free.

17. Doylestudio

Great looking Skunk again Codi, it looks very
    clean and crisp.

Mike

18. I use skunk off shampoo.

19. tonyt

tonyt New Member

IOWA
    My for this week half mount M.L

20. tonyt

tonyt New Member