1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Life Size Mammal of the Month #3 (6/08-7/08)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Vellu, very nice Pine Marten.
    KJ, that is a great looking Cat and base.
    Thanks for sharing.

Mike

2. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

I can't believe the difference if our fox colors. Any way I just finished this one .

3. kjdouble that is a really cool bobcat mount.

4. ed150

ed150 deer city time

nice work guys and gals :)

5. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

here is a bobcat I just set up to dry tonight...nice change to do something other then just fish....I still need to work the eyes and ears some but it will wait till mourning...great looking work guys...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I started doing taxidermy over 20 years ago and this is my first Otter.

I do not use pins but this guy had no lips or lids to tuck so I had no choice.

7. Vellu

Vellu New Member

Nice Otter JP. Sometime ago this fellow was mine!

8. very nice guys nice and clean

9. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Vellu if thats a mount it looks very alive. was it a good pet?

10. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Very nice Otters guys, I just mounted a huge skunk after work, took a few pics of it and will post tomorrow

11. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

JP,don't ever apologize for using pins.They are just another tool for doing good work.Sometimes they are just a must.

12. Vellu

Vellu New Member

Yes Jason, that was a good pet :-\

13. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

My first time mounting a skunk, Self tan using EZ100, Major alterations to te form and I had to rebuild the lower left leg and foot. I had the form cut in peices and somehow lost or threw away the leg part. I will finish him next week. I used a couple pins to hold his fet and toes while drying and 2 in the lower lip. Skin was too thin to part and use some to tuck so I glued and pinned the front tip of the lower lip Guess you could call him a cross between a porcupine and a skunk......... LMAO

Hoytman

14. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Closer look at the foot and leg

15. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Hoytman, nice job on the skunk, he looks great! I haven't tackled a skunk yet. Where did you get those pins? I like that style of pin, and they look easier to push in than the ones I use.

16. That Skunk foot looks very good. Josh

17. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I did some research and found the pins on the WASCO website, called Euro pins. I'll be ordering a box soon!

18. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I like using them as they dont leave a big hole and are pretty solid. I have yet to bend one.. But the plastic handles do snap easily.

19. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Dear Hoytman :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I Know what you mean , by breaking , so the company in Zwitserland makes them no with the wire compleet in to the plastich handle , so they dont break any more.

He did this after thre where a lot of complains about breaking , so if you bay the new ones , your problem is solved

PS how mutch do you pay for a 100 of them , here in Europe it is small / big / midium for 15 Euro s, that will be about 20 Dollars in the US

Greatings Snowhare The Netherlands 8)

OH yeh if you take a thousend it is very cheap here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I drove down to the World show this spring and saw them their. I believe I payed 15 or 20 euro's for a hundred... Only ting I bout the whole day...There were 3 sizes like you said, I now realize that I should have gotten the black ones also. I like them alot and can't wait to do some birds, they will work pretty slick in the carding process.. As for the price in the US, not sure. I believe WASCO sells them and they carry all 3 sizes also. I may just have to order some..